Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mining H-Fuel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We all know the value of Ore, we spend time mining it, shipping it and collecting the credits for our personal or Factionized use, yet H-Fuel, which does not pay as much as Ore is not minable by GMG whose staple product is H-Fuel Gas.

I want your thoughts on making it a minable resource, how fast it should be mined and WHERE it should be mined as well as other thoughts on it.

Ready...And go.:)
Biggest question, how would it work. Though I'd like to mine gas.
Definite yes! But I though it was discussed already, and I also though it would be implemented in .86 :mellow:

As for values, well...H-fuel is more important than gold, but also somehow easier to get. Would also be really neat if we had some sort of dynamic economy. For example, with the various embargos the H-fuel prices would sky rocket D:
We are all sitting, waiting, and hoping that .86 will have something to reveal to us. I'm sorry but I don't have the key to the lock, so I don't know.

I like your comment on the dynamic prices and mentioning the prices skyrocketing due to embargoes. Because someone mentioned to me why doing everything possible to end the embargo on Liberty from Kusari. Well this is because my char, while feeling sympathetic, doesn't exactly have the pressure on her to do so. Arrangements were made with a local unlawful group in Liberty to work with various tranports and help them circumvent or slip through the embargo. This is expensive, but this isn't GMG's expenses, it's Liberty's expenses. We have no reason to feel the need to lose money so unfortunately H-fuel prices in Liberty would be temporarily higher then everywhere else due to the costs it takes to get it there without using the traditional proper infrastructure (Kishiro).
I thought dynamic economy was unachievable with the freelancer engine or has someone achieved a break through?
It was my understanding that H fuel is produced by mixing Deuterium with the gas you mine in the sigmas, to produce H fuel. And that the refining process takes place on the huge gas miners. The main problem I see with tying this into the mining system directly, is that the route would be rather short - Mine in Sig 17 or Sig 19, sell in Okinawa or Naha?

Directly pulling ready-to-be-used H fuel out of clouds would seem a bit odd to me.
Ah, but the script Friday had worked on was to pull the Fuel from the mining platforms themselves. I'm a against mining directly from the clouds with transports because that would be returning back to the way GMG mined when it was partnered with Samura. The barely mobile mining platforms created by Kishiro is what GMG uses and is where, as you correctly put it, the imported Deuterium is mixed in with the other 2 gases we mine to create H-fuel. We are also opposed to Sigma gas clouds being replaced with asteroid clouds so this also is why the system was intended to be centered on the mining platforms.
' Wrote:I thought dynamic economy was unachievable with the freelancer engine or has someone achieved a break through?

The Hamburg Clan Server HCC has it.

The more you trade a single good, the less profit you make.
I once posted something about having a dynamic economy. It got shot down promptly by everyone. Howerver I think it would be wonderful if implemented, however I believe alot has already been done towards this mod, and something like that would have to come later.

On mining H-fuel, I think it is a lovely idea, but instead of filling your hold with H-fuel, it should fill it with unrefined fuel, to simulate the ore. This 'ore' could then be sold on a certain base in each system.
Erm, you'd gas mine for it I think, for the GMG it'd be interesting and would bring life back to the sigmas.
Pages: 1 2