Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer Iff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I'm on Ceridwen, who has no iff/pirate id.

This is my original character (250 hours on the meter as of now), and his map is nearly complete (hasn't been to gallia, and a few of the omicrons), so I'm retiscent to remake him.

Now, being that this is my first char, I didn't really understand the concept of iff in the beginning (he's had outcast, rogue, corsair, and a plethora of other things).

Eventually, I realized the concepts involved and wanted to give him a freelancer iff, but, I already took the bribe at the bar in Coronado, so he was green.

Off to Sigma-19 I went, shot some FL NPC's until I was white, then went back to Coronado.

The first time I didn't pay attention and only one bribe was offered at the bar, which I took, and again, my fl IFF was green but not high enough for affiliaition.

Oi ve....back to sigma 19 again....repeat the process, freelancers white, and I just took a double bribe.

Now, my problem is I checked the bribes, found that two were being offered, accepted them, and my rep went just over the green....

WTF am I doing wrong?

Am I not getting nuetral enough?

Is my rep somehow broken?

Anyone with some insights would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
A double bribe at Barrier gate should do it.

Triple would make sure.
^

Indeed it should. However, as stated above, I took the double bribe (both were 8400 credits), and the rep is now just over the friendly mark.

I assumed since I was almost green, two would do it.

I also assume that the bribes were "low strength" since they were only 8400 credits. Perhaps I have to get "neutralier"?

Back to Sigma 19 I go.

Ahem, couldn't an admin easily solve this problem? *Looks to Dieter*
Each bribe should cost around 500 000 credits. I think what happened was your rep was low enough to get a bribe, but it was only a small amount of rep the bribe would add (say 1 bar). So in taking a double bribe, your rep did go up, but becasue each bribe only added on a small amount, it didn't get full.

My suggestion would be to lower your Freelancer rep down to pure neutral, that way when you take the bribes, 2 will get you full freelancer rep.

One last thing, the more the bribes costs, the more bars it's adding, so 2 expensive bribes for a faction can be better than 3-4 cheaper ones. Hope that makes sense.
The bribes you should take cost about 380K each, if you want to go for duals... shoot the NPCs untill you're full neutral (0 rep) and then take dual bribes, otherwise, it won't really work.

Indeed it does....I figured as much.

Shooting FL npcs in stillettos is not much fun when you've got only EMP's and snacs....they almost killed me.

Oh well, I'm off to spend another hour trying to get it right.

@ 11/10

Yah, like I said, they almost killed me, perhaps I'll pick up some energy cannons just for this task.

meh
No need to go to Sig-19, just fly to Tau-29 and shoot the Zoner depots near FP until your Freelancer rep is +0.3 or lower, then return to Barrier and get a double bribe and you'll have it.
Thanks for the info....I did not know that.

Edit: Does the above method affect my relations with zoners? I don't pirate zoners, as I often seek safe haven on their freeports, and I would prefer to not affect my rep with them (it's green now).
If your Zoner rep gets too low, you should also be able to pick up a Zoner bribe on Barrier gate when you get your 2 freelancer bribes, so no need to worry.