Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Server Announcement: Nasty nasty crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Some progress:
- some crashes are definitely prevented now. This is good.
- /restart has been disabled for a day or three. I'm 90% sure it is causing crashes. Including the one that happened about 2 minutes ago and the set of three that happened about 6 hours before it.

How could that be?

Maybe also the fact /buynow does not kick you anymore?
edit: /buynow caused my FL to crash sometimes

SideQ: Is the server "ready" for .86?
Quote:- some crashes are definitely prevented now. This is good.
WOOT
Quote:- /restart has been disabled for a day or three. I'm 90% sure it is causing crashes. Including the one that happened about 2 minutes ago and the set of three that happened about 6 hours before it.
Wait what? How do restarts cause crashes? Does it have to do with the way it boots you from the server after you use it or is it something else?
[quote]How could that be?

Maybe also the fact /buynow does not kick you anymore?
edit: /buynow caused my FL to crash sometimes

SideQ: Is the server "ready" for .86?[quote]

Q_Q

Restart never caused problems before, why would it now?

Were there new ones added? /restart Zoner?
Dunno. Is/was just a theory. I noticed many crashes happen just after the /restart command was used.

I've only just figured out how to make minidumps work. Once they do, I think I'll be able to get this stuff fixed pretty quickly.
Hope you track down the root pretty soon, you're being very diligent and public about the affairs of the server which is most welcome by me and likely the community.:D

Keep up the good work.
' Wrote:- /restart has been disabled for a day or three.

Does this mean it has been disabled for a day or three already or it is disabled for a day or three from now?
Heh... There's been some strange server deaths right now... All of a sudden...
less crashes? That'd be awesome, thank Cannon, and keep it up:D
Cannon, perhaps the crashes have something to do with brand-new chars in general.

You have PM about a crash that was either a really EXACT coincidence with a /movechar command I entered of I was the one crashing it that time.

I was transferring a char to a newly created account.

The content of the new account vanished in the process.
The transferred ship vanished too.

More detailled description in PM.
Pages: 1 2 3