Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Xeno avadibility *contains some ship locations*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Right, I have been playing as a Xeno for a while now, but have chosen to stay in a Starblazer because it's a helluva lot more fun and I'm still open game for everyone else due to the ID. Now I'm going to move up into the open sea of the bigger ships. A while ago UnknownObject started writing up a list, but was unable to finish it due to his leaving. I'll put up the ships he found, how I feel about them, then can you guys post how you feel about them and if there are any others too. I am putting this here in this forum section because I want to clear this up with Xeno rules.

Civi Bomber - FP11This is the obvious choice for a Xeno bomber seeing as it is of the civilia line and therefore thechnicaly open to everyone, plus it is of the same family line of the Egale, the ship stereotypicly linked with high lvl Xenos

<strike>Taiidan Bomber - FP11</strike>
Like the civi bomber this is a bomber used by a wide range of people. The only problems is that the bomber was developed by a hostile group (at lease the Zoners could claim neutrility)

Crow -Planet Primus
The Crow is a generic pirate/border world ship, so Xenos should be able to use them. The only problem would be the slightly lower weapon class than the majority of other ships frequently encountered. The Crow has a dull texture too which in my eyes makes it look like it was made out of scrap, another plus point for Xenos.

Eagle - FP9
This is the generic ship people associate with high lvl Xenos. Many people think they should fly nothing else. The Eagle is a unmodded ship, so it can be killed by a single miussle hit, plus if all Xenos use a Eagle and with the average Xeno loadout (very limited) it makes for a orginised uniform appearance. Which the Xenos arn't. I personaly dislike the Eagle.

Falcon - FP XV
The Falcon is again a member of the civilian line so it is a viable choice. It is also lighter and turns well, making surviving against numbers easier. The problem is that you have to be freindly with the Zoner guard, making obtaining it OOC.
Griffin - See falcon

Kushan VHF - Planet Gammu
I have no experiance with this ship, I'll be testing on open SP later.

<strike>Marauder - FP9
</strike>

<strike>Raven's Talon - Planet Gran Canaria</strike>

<strike>Viper Mk I - Corfu</strike>
I am against the use of the Viper- it just seems to un-Xenoish...

<strike>Virage - Planet Gammu</strike>
I have no experiance with this ship, I'll be testing on open SP later. but I personaly dislike those tube thingies. It also looks too advanced and expensive for Xenos.
' Wrote:Crow -Planet Primus
The Crow is a generic pirate/border world ship, so Xenos should be able to use them. The only problem would be the slightly lower weapon class than the majority of other ships frequently encountered. The Crow has a dull texture too which in my eyes makes it look like it was made out of scrap, another plus point for Xenos.

Well i use crow, and u can not complain bout its weaps. Just put 4 black widows, 2 suntigers and debilitator turret, add minirazor if u wish and it is one hell of the ship. Agility almost of a starflier with guns like some VHF like titan and sabre.
I would like to add that the Falcon is also available on the following planets:

New Berlin
Hamburg
Stuttgart
Baden Baden

And the Griffin can be had on Planet Kyushu.

And, oddly enough, according to FLstat the Eagle and Falcon turn quicker than the Hawk and Griffin. o_O

Marauder: looks too sleek to be a Xeno ship, I think. It's a great little fighter, though. Good powerplant and quite agile.
Of all of those, I think you should remove:

Taiidan Bomber - GMG ship, its a foreign company. Xenos don't like that.

Raven's Talon - Looks like an expensive ship and is black. It doesn't fit a Xeno at all. Many pirate factions use these because of its high energy and good agility, though.

Marauder - I don't want to see Cylons fly around Liberty... o.O

Viper (either) - ... Same as above. I personally hate these ships. They ruin my suspension of disbelief.

Virage - Looks too sleak and new. Same as your reasons above.
opinions taken into account, some ships struck off list. Any other ships that can go on?
Now.. that someone pointed me here....

the Kushan VHF has a very broken hitbox.... just look on the screens:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...10962&st=10

So please don't use it....
How do feel about the Tiger Shark for Xenos?
Well, the TShark is a IMG light fighter. I wouldn't know why a Xeno would ever land on an IMG base.

The Zoner Freeports, I can understand, but the IMG freeports? Nope.
Tigershark is labeled as a civilian light fighter so it should be able to be used by Xenos
And it has a nice look.
By FLStats it is one of the fastest fighters. Its quite fast, weapons range to class 9. Shield to class8, if i remember...
Pages: 1 2 3