Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: This and how would you fix it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: screen23.jpg]

Laptop Vista Home

256 on board graphics

1 gb ram

It does this distortion that makes it annoying to play. Someone help me fix it please?
I had that problem for awhile on a netbook. I'm pretty sure Vista has something to do with it.

I don't remember if I fixed it or not before I was done with that netbook. Try reinstalling. If that doesn't work, deactivate the mod, uninstall, delete any leftover files of the game, delete the folder for the mod, then reinstall, and then reinstall the mod with FLMM and activate it.
Using vista, never had that problem. Looks funky tho'.
Happened to me on vista. Reinstalled and it went away.
I got the same on my notebook,
It's because it has some Intel accelerator as graphics thingie.
And I'm using W7.

But by the looks of it get rid of vista, since your graphics thingie shouldn't have an issue normally, I think.
1 gb of RAM.

To run Vista AND to do anything else, you need a minimum of 2gb of RAM. Vista is such a memory hog that 1 gb just isn't enough.

That's been a known issue with Vista since day 1.

What I suspect is happening is that Vista is trying to access the same memory of your onboard graphics.
Use the MSXML install on your FL CD.
Okey screw Vista. Screw it hard.

I have no more legal copies of XP and I alway preferred professional over home.

So besides nuking Vista which I want to do badly has anyone else tried less time consuming and invasive tricks to getting it to work?

Such as MSXML install which I have no clue what that is....for...I haven't had an FL disc for nearly 6 years....

Edit: The reinstall failed to work.
' Wrote:Use the MSXML install on your FL CD.

E:\REDIST\msxml.exe

Should be the path, but I'm not 100% positive. It'll be on the disc image.

Regardless:

This issue crops up every once in a while when Windows' XML Parser gets corrupted. msxml.exe will reinstall and it should fix the problem.

Also, get more RAM.
Quote:it seems that freelancer doesnt like the win 7 drivers. What i did to fix the problem was download the win xp drivers for the gma 3150. went to the device manager and told the system to roll back the current driver for the 3150. after the uninstall process and the restart i installed the win xp drivers using the self installer from intel's website. it asks if you want to replace new drivers with the old win xp ones install and reboot and voila bugs gone...

http://the-starport.net/freelancer/forum...mpost40711
Pages: 1 2