Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Is it legal to download freelnacer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello everyone. I would like to play freelancer at work :crazy:. But I think that it is not so legal. As i see the base game is not officially free. And I want to be legal at work. I just want too hear some confirmations.
Thanks!
' Wrote:Hello everyone. I would like to play freelancer at work :crazy:. But I think that it is not so legal. As i see the base game is not officially free. And I want to be legal at work. I just want too hear some confirmations.
Thanks!

It is not legal to download pirated copies of Freelancer. To be legal, you actually have to purchase the CD, it can be found in some discount racks in computer stores, or possibly online, but I don't know of any direct to download sites to purchase it from. For a copy of Freelance to be legit, you have to have paid Microsoft for it.:(
Amazon seems to sell it:

20 USD: http://www.amazon.com/Freelancer-Pc/dp/B000085AHJ
10 USD: http://www.amazon.com/Freelancer-Jewel-Cas...p_ob_vg_title_1

I haven't found a place thet you can buy it online and download it though.
Thanks for the replies i hate microsoft too. Actually as i was writing it down it appeared underline in red curly line - i suppose that means that the word is "bad". Maybe later I ll buy it, it's not so expensive after all.
Try Good Old Games, they usually sell older PC games, the site is www.gog.com (I think, not positive on that)
GoG doesn't seem to have it, shame.

I have no qualms about downloading something I already own, and I've torrented it numerous times after losing the disc. But no, it's not legal in the truest sense of the word.

Cannon's links on Amazon there are probably your best bet.
I bought my FL disc over 3 years ago for 8 british pounds I think,
on ebay,
Feel free to correct me on this, but I believe we are allowed to use cracks, if we have previously lost the game. If we have bought it and lost the CD, that would allow use without a CD.
@ Disco: Only if you can prove that you have BOUGHT the game previously. If you don't have the Receipt, it's Piracy.
It's not legal in most countries, but that wont stop you if you want to download it.

' Wrote:Feel free to correct me on this, but I believe we are allowed to use cracks, if we have previously lost the game. If we have bought it and lost the CD, that would allow use without a CD.
Discovery includes this crack.
Pages: 1 2 3 4