Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cardamine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(Outcasts - look and cry)

If this is true, then I've got a whole plantation of this on my desk:lol:
[Image: 364px-Illustration_Cardamine_pratensis0.jpg]
Fantastic! The Outcasts are actually flower sellers, not drug fiends after all!! :lol:
Perhaps, when they made planetfall, the botanists amongst the Outcasts decided that the orange plant-life shared physical characteristics to the old Cardimine genus, and so named it accordingly?
Possibly - I tend to believe, that the name sounded drug-ish enough (CocaINE, CardamINE) for the game's creators to pick it.
Sadly, although plants of the genus Cardamine are reputed to have some medicinal properties, there's nothing to suggest any narcotic properties. I guess that was probably a step to far for the Microsoft researchers involved in designing FLs commodities!

:mellow:
And here we come to one of the biggest mysteries of Freelancer.

Why don't the Gaians like Cardamine... when it's just a flower?
Hah! You see! Were actually happy cozy flower selling nice people!:P
(With big ships and big guns, but thats beside the point!)

: Or they just needed a fancy name for their new drug, and some idiot yelled " CARDAMINE!! WOOT!"
: Cardamine does make you high, in the beginning. After it, forget it, you = Outcast.
: Because.. Those hippies protect Gaia. And where do flowers grow the most? On Gaia.
Or it could be annother random explenation, i dunno:P
' Wrote:Fantastic! The Outcasts are actually flower sellers, not drug fiends after all!! :lol:
We spread the love.;)

Anyway, the FL Designers need a slap on the face. But maybe they named it that way because they wanted the Cardimine plant to be similar to the one found on Earth, only narcotic.
Quote:If this is true, then I've got a whole plantation of this on my desk

I dunno, templar, why don't you crystallize some and swallow it?

Once your DNA starts changing, then we'll know! :P
I'm already wacky enough, thank you :lol:

The thing is great when fresh-cut and on sandwiches. Has a specific, spicy flavour. Somewhat similar to radish.

(And that one youz see on the pic is a wildly-growing specimen. Home-grown "plantations" looks far less attractive)
[Image: wielkanoc_rzezucha.jpg]
Especially popular around Easter. (At least in Poland)
Pages: 1 2