Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Server testing #12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The server has been updated so that it restarts faster from a cold reboot. Previously it would take about 20-25 minutes to restart the server from a complete reboot and now it takes 5 minutes.

This is rather exciting because it means the inactive character deletion time has been changed to 6 months.

The mining update has not yet been deployed because I've lost the files. No I am not joking. I hope to find them soon and will deploy it when I do.

The server crashes have definitely reduced in frequency. We still have the occasional one but in general the server is making through a day without crashing.

Have fun.

EDIT: Also Munich has been added to TLAGSNET
Epic, Cannon!
' Wrote:EDIT: Also Munich has been added to TLAGSNET

What is TLAGSNET?
' Wrote:The server has been updated so that it restarts faster from a cold reboot. Previously it would take about 20-25 minutes to restart the server from a complete reboot and now it takes 5 minutes.

This is rather exciting because it means the inactive character deletion time has been changed to 6 months

:o

Just curious, but what is the correlation between the two?

Also, kudos cannon, as always. Server/FLhook magician that you are.
' Wrote:The mining update has not yet been deployed because I've lost the files. No I am not joking. I hope to find them soon and will deploy it when I do.

Can you reveal, what the update will do?
' Wrote:EDIT: Also Munich has been added to TLAGSNET

Thank you Cannon. :ylove:
' Wrote::o

Just curious, but what is the correlation between the two?
More characters is more boot time. Less boot time is more characters, so no need to delete them in order to save boot time:D
' Wrote:What is TLAGSNET?

A tradelane and jumpgate monitoring tool - only usable by house police.

Is bound to kill blockadebusting activities and general smuggling, since going around tradelanes and jumpgates is too time consuming.

So no more artifacts or cardi for Manhattan.

Zukertort

EDIT: ... which is a good thing :$ *whistles*
Great news about the inactivity wipe time increase. Good job Cannon, you know we all love you.
' Wrote:This is rather exciting because it means the inactive character deletion time has been changed to 6 months.

Wow. But one question, that 6 months counts from today, or last time char was logged?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5