Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Teamwork, a myth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Teamwork, a myth?

Not really.

I have many examples where teamwork works better than a Rambo.

It starts already here on Discovery and end in the real life.

My first example:

3 Dreads, two of them with Cap 8 and one with Cap 4 vs Two Osiris Battleships with Cap 4 and Uni Armor Upgrade 8 with a Cap 2 Corsair GB.

What do you think? Who has won?

The Ossies with the Gunboat,

The Gunboat was a noob but a smart one with something that called brain. We told him only one time he must CD the Dreads and he did it. To 100 %. Without a voice chat.

By the next raid we had almost the same numbers.

With some differences. First, we had a voice chat. Second, we had at this time 2 Bombers and one Saber on our side. The Enemy had three Dreads, and only two Sabers.

Now, the Q_Q part.

They fought with the Bombers and Sabers again the other sabers. But didn't paid attentions to the dreads. Ergo, the dread destroyed us in seconds.
We had later a little discussion, why they didn't do something. The end we got only a few slow answers. "Uh, I didn't see them" etc. We had voice chat, and told them numero times CD the stupid dreads. But the end was Q_Q.

Now you will say," STOP "WHINE", or "WHINER BLAH BLAH".

I will tell you something. I would rather lose with a good team than a bad team full with rambos and idiots.

It doesn't matter are they skilled. I would take a team with idiots or noobs and teach them instead of a team with skilled players. Because some skilled players thinks they are the greatest, the best, the monsters of the universe and fight against everyone include the team mates.

An another good examples is soccer.

Everyone looks only on the Stars but what is with the team behind the star?

Imagines a star without the team on the soccer field. Looks strange right?

Soccer star without a team would be a nameless piece of junk on our world.

So and now the problems why teamwork doesn't work most of the time.

First, Everyone want to be a leader, the great man, the master. Well, it exist some exception but the most can't stop showing their bigger car.

Examples, were in the Zoner Corsair War where I laughed the whole day about one sentence.

"I have a Zoner Juggernaut with Cap 8, you must follow my Order" :lol:

Another problem is the team spirit. Team Spirit is really important. A team with harmony and talking to each other have more chance to coordinate their actions or improve their disadvantage than a team with disharmony which will fail without exception.

So, now write something. But no pointless trash. <.<

' Wrote:First, Everyone want to be a leader, the great man, the master. Well, it exist some exception but the most can't stop showing their bigger car.

Examples, were in the Zoner Corsair War where I laughed the whole day about one sentence.

"I have a Zoner Juggernaut with Cap 8, you must follow my Order" :lol:

Oh wow. I hope they got blown up quickly. Or alternatively, they were joking.
The guys that fly the 'U-boats'.

They have great teamwork, I can tell you that.

They fly Rheinland gunboats and TWO of them, using team work, trashed my LABC.

Basically, they 'tag teamed' me to death, one dropping back when it started to take damage and the other coming forward to pummel my ship with it's weapons.

I'm not sure how much damage I ended up doing to them, but they killed me.

A nice bit of team work right there.

Team work is good. But I saw some stupid behaviour, example when the team lost and they started pointing fingers at each other.
[Image: serpentlol.gif]

Voice chats are useful in pew'ingness
Voice chats are lolzie in pew'ingess

Yes teamwork is always important, otherwise there wouldn't be factions si?
But there will always be people who want to fly alone,
or just want to shoot someone by themselves even when it's not the best idea.

So it's all depending on the attitude of the 'team' you fly with.
And 'skill' still plays a big roll you can't deny that.
But a good 'commander' is also a big, BIG must.

All I have to say about this subject really.
No, I can't deny the part with the skill, but still is teamwork better with with basic skilled players than a bunch of Rambos.
Ye, would be easier if people listened, but eh, can't have everything.
' Wrote:Ye, would be easier if people listened, but eh, can't have everything.

I laughed by the training sessions with the Order or the RM.

Sometimes it looks like, only 20 % of the players have eyes and ears.

The rest ignore or don't read the chats or hear something.
I know the [RM] insta-kicks people if they do not listen their superiors.
Now skilled teamwork.... (Reavers) *cough cough* aint that somthing eh?:D

Cheers
Pages: 1 2 3