Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Finally taking the time to introduce myself proper!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Greetings fellow Freelancers! Final Frontiersman here. How're we all doin' today? Good? Great! I'm a bit pressed for time at the moment, so introductions will be briefer than I'd like. I have two characters currently conducting business on the Discovery Freelancer RP 24/7 server - Ishi Sato and Jack Burton - and I'm here to introduce you to them...

Ishi Sato is the Katsushiro Okamoto to Sawayama Katsu's Kambei Shimada. Ever since he was a young boy, Ishi had dreams of becoming a samurai in the service of His Majesty Emperor Jien Kogen, but after a fateful encounter with a troupe of Ronin opened his eyes to the bloody coup of 321 A.S., his ambitions changed and from then on he wanted nothing more than to prove himself as a member of the Blood Dragons. "Very well then Sato-kun," Katsu had told him. "Should you in this lifetime achieve the amount of money needed to buy your way into our good graces - say, enough to purchase your own Tanto - then we will take you under our wing and teach you our Way of Bushido." (...) Ishi's ambition was rivaled only by his determination. (...) In only 2 1/2 years time, Ishi had managed to accumulate five-times the wealth required to buy his way into Katsu's good graces by working not only as a Freelancer but also as an informant to the Blood Dragons by supplying them information about the comings of high value targets such as foreign trade vessels that ferried in supplies for the war effort. Recently he has proved himself a capable fighter, having for his Genpuku taken on several flights of Kusari Navy strike craft in nothing more than an scantily armed and armored freighter (albeit with the aid of Katsu and their mutual friend Saburo Konda). As such, for his valor, he was awarded, not a Tanto, but a Katana and a position in Katsu's Chiryu Squadron. At present he is stationed at Kyoto Base where he engages in regular patrols and the occasional act of piracy against those who worship the corrupt Kusari regime and the Gaijin that would supply and / or do trade with them.

Misc. Notes of Interest about Ishi -
* Ishi's family disowned him after they learned of his fraternization with the Blood Dragons. This was before he began feeding them information about the trade lanes however, which might explain why he wasn't turned over to the KSP and tried & executed for treason.
* Ishi absconded with his college fund in order to purchase himself the ship and ID needed to fund his life as a Freelancer until he was able to cement himself within the ranks of the Blood Dragons.
* Despite the dishonor his family has placed upon him, Ishi feels that they are the ones in the wrong for worshiping a false Emperor.
* Having been raised as a commoner, Ishi is almost stereotypical in his like of certain Kusari interests such as watching fantastical animated programming and listening to popular Kusari music that caters to the romanticized young adult demographic. However despite this it does not seem to hamper his ability to perform in the field (although it tends to annoy his squadron leaders whenever a communication interlaced with J-Pop is fed through their comm).
* Ishi secretly hopes to fall in love with a member of the Golden Chrysanthemums.
* The visual basis for Ishi can be seen here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jack Burton is possibly the greatest man ever to travel the trade lanes of Sirius. Or at least that's what he'll tell you. Jack has seen it all working as an independent trader but not quite done it all and part of him hopes things will stay that way. He also has a gift for gab and can often be heard over system wide comm talking about his experiences of the day, be them mundane or otherwise. He's also not afraid to speak his mind about what he really thinks of the many superpowers that influence Sirius, exclaiming that free speech is the right of every citizen of Liberty.

Misc. Notes of Interest about Jack -
* Jack is a homage to the hero of John Carpenter's cult classic film Big Trouble in Little China.
* Jack will sometimes speak of how he used to be the captain of his very own Barge, but after he "forgot to leave the parking break on" the vessel drifted into the gravitational well of a moon that he was orbiting and subsequently became pulverized on its surface which in turn resulted in his ID of the time being revoked. (An obvious nod to the grandiose "WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT PLANETARY LANDING UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" message displayed on the top of the Barge's wiki page.)
* Jack has been sued by several different radio stations across the sector claiming illegal infringement of the name "Sirirus Business", which likely explains why Jack is in a constant state of financial debt.
* The visual basis for Jack can be seen here.
* This character has absolutely no connections to the user Jack Burton or GST CEO John Burton.
yo D:

Wow that is actually a nice introduction of your chars, keep your enthusiasm

I hope we will meet in game !
wazup!
' Wrote:yo D:

Greetings!:D
' Wrote:Wow that is actually a nice introduction of your chars, keep your enthusiasm

I hope we will meet in game !

Let's just hope it's on friendly circumstances! You seem a bit more... learned than I am. X3
' Wrote:wazup!

Not much! What's up with you?:D
' Wrote:* Jack will sometimes speak of how he used to be the captain of his very own Barge called the C-Beam Express, but after he "forgot to leave the parking break on" the vessel drifted into the gravitational well of a moon that he was orbiting and subsequently became pulverized on its surface. (An obvious nod to the grandiose "WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT PLANETARY LANDING UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" message displayed on the top of the Barge's wiki page.)

:laugh:

Really nice RP for your BD and your civilian, welcome, enjoy the game and always have fun, it's the most important =)
Welcome thar! TL;DR D: , nah just kidding, you look promising tho.
Sirius has a lot of Hells, Jack. Be careful out there.

Oh, and watch out for the green-eyed ones!

Pops
Pages: 1 2 3