Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Using the player list to give consequences in rp?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=97507&st=0

I have to say, I think this is terribly lame. Discuss, I guess. I think there should be a rule against using the player list in rp. Anyone else?
Aye.

Personally, I use it if im bored and looking for RP.

Which translates to...

If NY, Dublin, or Minor has anyone.
Player list doesn't exist inRP. At least for me it doesn't.

Trial by forum?
Using the player list to find others to RP with is one thing.
But simply using the player list to exact punishment on others and as a primary source of proof on the forums are going too far I would think.

I'll say what I said there before it was invisibled.

Saying "you can't use the player list, so I'm not accountable" is very lame as well.

Also, as the person who posted that stated that he contacted said EDGE player, and he answered IRP.

IRP consequences for IRP actions. Simple as that.
' Wrote:http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=97507&st=0

I have to say, I think this is terribly lame. Discuss, I guess. I think there should be a rule against using the player list in rp. Anyone else?

inRP being in poole you'll get noticed by their patrols. So acting like it didn't happen in RP even if player is using player list to see you is ridiculous. I would agree if he was "caught" in some unrelated system that doesn't have inRP patrols and owner as poole does
It's fine as long as you're not being an A-hole with it. Looking for raid targets, etc = cool.

Making threads like that isn't.
' Wrote:Saying "you can't use the player list, so I'm not accountable" is very lame as well.

It is the responsibility of the person who wants to use that information to actually get there. For me that's all there is to it. This is a cat and mouse game we play, that type of thing is ruined if the player list is used as the primary evidence given against someone in rp.

I am not saying there are no consequences, I am saying you have to catch the guy to give him consequences.
[font=Comic Sans Ms]I predict this thread shall be locked, just like the [font=Comic Sans Ms]<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%][color=#FF99FF]last one. The whole, cannot re-open locked threads rule...

That being said, I agree with Zelot on that thread being lame. However, there should not be another rule to prevent it. Instead, parties that are targetted in such a way should say "Your scanners must be off, we weren't there" and then either have lame faction A say "Sure, we'll go with that, you're off the hook" or bugger off to another house if lame faction A are still being lame tards, and their allies support the tard-ness. Thus rendering the lowered activity levels in their house a direct result of the ruling faction's failures.

Also, the Red Bull and vodka have not yet kicked in, so consider this rambling a +1 from myself.
Yes. it falls in with the ID category of OORP. It still needs to be there so we know stuff, but not used as a metagaming device.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8