Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: X Rebirth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
X Rebirth

Discuss please.
Don't know if there are any X fans here, but what do you think?
I played all the X games from X2 The Threat ---> X3 Terran Conflict. Personally I would like to see some changes in the game mechanics because sometimes (well most of the time) it's rather slow. Despite the beautiful scenes, it's boring sometimes. For instance it took me 1h to prepare a fleet(of 20 ships) to destroy only 1 station from a neighboring sector. The changes I'd prefer to see in the matter of gameplay, a more "Freelancer" style handling (perhaps I am used to the arcadish combat style space shooters, but that's a personal opinion), more fast paced combat situations. And as I've seen from the trailer, the low orbit stations, I would like to see procedural planet fall, or at least "dock" to planets and fly on their surface freely. Then for me X Rebirth will be the ultimate space sim.
I installed X2, and tried to play it. When I realized the controls are very messed up, I tried to configure them. I wasn't able. I applied the ALT+F4 method and uninstalled the game. I don't like the X games.
I'm not sure what to make of Rebirth. We know almost nothing about the game and I'm wondering if the trailer should say "All scenes in this trailer were captured from actual gameplay" or "All cutscenes in this trailer were captured from actual gameplay."

' Wrote:I installed X2, and tried to play it. When I realized the controls are very messed up, I tried to configure them. I wasn't able. I applied the ALT+F4 method and uninstalled the game. I don't like the X games.

I hated X2, the physics were awful. All the fighters seemed to have huge amounts of inertia and mass and trying to turn a scout so you could line up an enemy fighter to shoot was horrible. At least in X3 you could turn and not miss your target because your ship turned too far and overshot your target. It still takes a long time to make money, even in Terran Conflict.

EDIT: Also, it looks like Rebirth may have trade lanes of some kind.
' Wrote:I played all the X games from X2 The Threat ---> X3 Terran Conflict. Personally I would like to see some changes in the game mechanics because sometimes (well most of the time) it's rather slow. Despite the beautiful scenes, it's boring sometimes. For instance it took me 1h to prepare a fleet(of 20 ships) to destroy only 1 station from a neighboring sector. The changes I'd prefer to see in the matter of gameplay, a more "Freelancer" style handling (perhaps I am used to the arcadish combat style space shooters, but that's a personal opinion), more fast paced combat situations. And as I've seen from the trailer, the low orbit stations, I would like to see procedural planet fall, or at least "dock" to planets and fly on their surface freely. Then for me X Rebirth will be the ultimate space sim.
X3 Terran Conflict did have a Freelancer-style flying mode. You could use your mouse instead of a joystick to fly. It had the same type of strafing as well. The only difference was that it didn't have engine kill.
Can't wait!

I hope they scrap all the old systems (instead of just editing they for this 'supernova') and give us an entirely new group of sectors.

And sound. Sound could do with a very big improvement in the X games. (Music is good though)
OH MY DEAR GOD

*SERIOUS DROLL*
X- beyond the frontier ( yeah, the first game) is the only one i really liked
NO WAY! Egosoft said there would be no new X game after TC!
Quote:NO WAY! Egosoft said there would be no new X game after TC!

Look at the bold part. You're right. The story came to an end. After Terran Conflict there's nothing more,
regarding the storyline. They also say it's a new beginning. A prequel maybe?
Pages: 1 2 3