Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trader - made i something wrong?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

i was a newbie Trader and so i use this Thread: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...l=Trading+guide

Ok i buy also in Munich some Military Machines and fly in Space...after this a [FL] Pilot Stops me...i stand still and dont move...and after a conversation he kill me.

I was realy confused, in the Thread the Autor write: Please note that, at the moment, the nations of Kusari and Bretonia are at war with one another as are Liberty and Rheinland. As such I have not provided any new player routes between them as I wouldn't wish you to get blown up for running a blockade.

So i thought all the Traderoutes was legal, but i may wrong. If i wrong can i have please a little help what i dont can Trade legal?

I was an IMG Trader. My Name was Arnulf.Wunold.

Here the Screenshots.
Links removed to prevent trial by forum.
Zelot

Thanks for your help.

Vaelius Noctu

Laws are stickied here:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=32168

Rheinland Laws, Article Eight, section 2:
Quote:§2. Due to the war with Liberty, shipping military vehicles and light arms is restricted to the following shipping agents:

Republican Shipping
Daumann Heavy Construction
Samura Industries
Kishiro Technologies
Kruger Minerals
ALG Waste Disposal
Some houses have restrictions like that. Always check on the laws before you trade anything.

Also, here: http://discoverygc.com/wiki/index.php/Commodities
When I look at the screen shots you posted, I think a few things.

Firstly, before trying anything like this it's best to not name names, so you should probably blur or edit them out; make it an arbitrary discussion.

Secondly, RP requirements were definitely met. You should be aware that server rules are not the same as House laws. Cargo embargos and such are considered House law.

Thirdly, in your screen shots, you threaten to report the other player. That's a serious no-no. Friendly discussion of the rules through PMs is perfectly acceptable, but telling the other player that he has broken rules and should expect to be punished is against the rules.

Finally, him calling you an idiot in RP is also acceptable. The PM of him calling you an idiot OORP is not acceptable since he's referring to you as a player, and not your character.

That's my take on it.

So, let me explain the problem to you, and I understand completely where your confusion comes from.

A little while ago, the government of Rhineland changed their laws to make the shipping of military vehicles illegal except for certain factions. The reason in role play for this, is that military vehicles are things like tanks and airplanes and artillery. These are dangerous items and can be used to cause much damage in the wrong hands.

This effects you because those laws were made after Dusty Lens made the trading guide. So while you were acting completely as you should have by the guide, but the problem is the guide is a bit out of date, because it has not been updated in a long time.

I can also understand why you have a bit of confusion that these Freelancers were enforcing laws. The reason for this is that Rhineland hires other people to help enforce it's laws (something I don't really agree with, but I guess that's a discussion for another thread.) So those Freelancers were hired by the Rhineland military to do exactly what they were doing.

Unfortunatly, discovery is a big community with lots of different role play laws that change with stunning regularity. Because of that, it often hard to keep up with the different rules on trade regulations. The best way to keep up to date is to look at the contents of this thread: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=32168 and to keep an eye on the comm channel and Sirius news sections of the forum.

Hope this explains it for you.
Also feel free to ask such questions in the IMG Skype channel. As Zelot said, it's sometimes really hard to keep track of some of the ingame developments. Consider being shot by that guy something like "learning by pain". It's an effective learning strategy (and every new Disco players has done it a lot).
The adding of the names out would have been better.
He did call me in the RP idiot I've probably taken too seriously. ^ ^

Anyway I was a bit sour and thoroughly confused. I have thought: "A player which the finger is loose on the trigger". We all just learn from our mistakes. On my RP in unexpected situations, I should probably still work, it seems pointed.

Thanks for your help, th elinks helps me sure. Just the comments. ^ ^

If the player has shot my dealer reads this, I'm sorry if I am came too close. I'm simply: "Huh ... what's this now? Am I in the wrong movie".

At first the idea of asking the IMG channel I have not come.

Then again my temper ran away with me. Was my first commercial trip and it was just chilling out so beautiful. ^ ^

Makes a long story short: Next time it will work much better.

My comment: "I report this the Admins". I found it's better to ask then what I did wrong. It is normally not my way to report someone. I was just annoying.

mfg

VaeliusNoctu
I kinda missed the screenshots, so - did he actually explain you all about the embargo before blowing you up?
He said the vehicle stands under embargo. RP was also good as far as I can tell.
So I told him how it can be.
He then said I only had two options.
I've been waiting for a reply concerning the options. Then he shot me.
I could only say, "Hey why do you shoot at me. " Then I fled, however, has not brought much.^^
Haha I know exactly which [FL] that was... I encountered him in Munich aswell. In such a situation, given that he has bigger and better weapons, fleeing is the wrong thing to do, unless you're damn sure you can make it.