Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: is it illigal to have 2 pple playing from same ip?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
is it illigal to have 2 pple playing from same ip?
2 different people is okay, 1 person on two computer is not
Illegal? No. But 2 people playing on the same computer IS against the rules.
' Wrote:Illegal? No. But 2 people playing on the same computer IS against the rules.
No, 1 person playing on two computers is against rules. 2 people on different computers with same IP isn't. For example, brothers that both play. One on one comp, the other on the other comp is allowed.
I think you have to let the Admins know you've got two people playing, though.
If I recall correctly, a single player is allowed to use two characters at the same time for short periods, such as to do a transfer. However, playing two characters at the same time for more than a few minutes is no longer allowed. When the server had fewer players, some players did a lot of trading with multiple characters at the same time, but that is now prohibited.
What about sharing accounts?

For instance, if I share an account with a friend of mine, and we play the same char, say on alternate days...we have different IPs. Should we let the admin know?
Juan, with the server as busy as it is, two characters on at the same time for one player is rather selfish,
and actually against the rules. Lets be fair here ...
One player, one comp ... And we pretty much know who is doing the double dealing.

Hoodlum
' Wrote:Juan, with the server as busy as it is, two characters on at the same time for one player is rather selfish,
and actually against the rules. Lets be fair here ...
One player, one comp ... And we pretty much know who is doing the double dealing.

Hoodlum
I'm sorry. My information was based on posts I saw a couple months ago that are at least six months old by now. I didn't realize that the rules had gotten stricter since then.
There used to be the day when people used to trade with two chars
but those were the days where server peak was 30 users.
Clarification of stricter rules should be posted in the official
rules post however much one might think it obvious
Pages: 1 2