Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Primus Lore Re-write
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Late last year I joined a small group which role-played as Primusians - the monkeys that live on Primus. The leader's seemed to disappear as far as I can tell and the whole idea of a Primusian faction fell into, and you may understand why I'm using this specific quote later, "the dustbin of history".

But recently I've been having some ideas that could really spice up the Primusian role-play, but they require an entire re-write of the Primus Lore. Since Digital Anvil put Primus in the game as a joke and as far as I know (I could be wrong) no role-play really depends upon the Primusian lore remaining as it is.

A summary of my idea (for you tl:dr people):

A third group arriving in Sirius on the Hispania decides to try its luck finding another planet. They settle much later than the other Houses and live under a government (the nature of this initial government has yet to be decided) with an isolationist mentality. After several hundred years, a Communist Revolution results in the establishment of the a new Communist State and the Primusians break their isolation and make first contact with the humans of Sirius.

Full explanation (or as detailed as I can go into right now):

The Hispania arrives in Sirius in orbit around Crete. We all know that a group take shuttles down to the planet while the rest remain on the Hispania to take a chance on finding another habitable planet. I want to include another small group, which wants to use a few more shuttles to journey to another star and increase the chances of humanity surviving. The leaders on the Hispania decline the request and they prepare to return to hibernation and travel to a chosen star. This third party decide to steal a few shuttles before the Hispania begins its journey.

This third group steal a few shuttles and use the hibernation chambers to stay alive while they journey to another nearby star they hope has a habitable planet.

A few hundred years later (date undecided) the shuttles arrive and they make planetfall together. A democratic capitalist government is established. Immediately, as in all capitalist societies, classes begin to emerge as certain people take advantage of certain situations. There's initially a lot of work in building a city out of the only resource they had - wood. Mineral deposits were sparse near the landing site and by the time this was realised work was already starting on the city. Those who didn't want to be a part of the city (it had been decided that one city rather than multiple villages for the initial settlement would be their best bet for survival) moved out and tried to survive alone or in small groups.

The sparsity of minerals required for a modern civilisation near the settlement meant that pushing past the wooden huts was difficult. But there were bigger problems to initially deal with. The large amounts of radiation had been detected immediately, but the people had considered it to be a danger they would just have to live with. The clear area of land found for the settlement was poor farmland and expanding into the forest was the only way to reach the fertile soil.

The rest of the plight of the original settlers will be written later, but right now it's onto what happens after the original settling date.

And this is as far as I've got so far. The period between planetfall and now still needs to be worked out, but the end result should be a Primus which has undergone a communist revolution, or is on the brink of one.

Any opinions on the current idea, or suggestions on how to improve it or continue on with it would be greatly appreciated.
I like it.

Gives an intresting twist, and maybe,some Primusians will be around more.

/approval
Time-travels?
Okay, I'll time travel back to Sol with Osiris and blow up both Nomads and Coallition before they win.:P

And Primus, isn't that a monkey planet? Why'd monkeys bother themselves with politics at all? Furthermore, if monkeys have in-lore goverments, why can't Corsairs and Outcasts have those?
' Wrote:I like it.

Gives an intresting twist, and maybe,some Primusians will be around more.

/approval
Thanks. That's exactly how I saw it. I think if it's worked on hard enough, the Primusian RP could become a serious part of Discovery rather than a joke.

' Wrote:Time-travels?
Okay, I'll time travel back to Sol with Osiris and blow up both Nomads and Coallition before they win.:P
It's not my role-play. The SCRA did the Resurgency Mission RP quite a while ago. You really should read the story, it's pretty good. Shame it was never finished though.
Well, with all respect for you, would that be you or SCRA, but it doesn't mean any of you write lore...
What about people that wanted to use Primus for Furry RP? We already have AI roleplays with Gammu, there needs to be balance.
' Wrote:Well, with all respect for you, would that be you or SCRA, but it doesn't mean any of you write lore...
Take it up elsewhere Elven. This isn't the place to discuss the idea of the SCRA adjusting lore like that, although they really didn't actually change anything.

' Wrote:What about people that wanted to use Primus for Furry RP? We already have AI roleplays with Gammu, there needs to be balance.
Primus needs a set role-play for the entire planet. It can't be used as a supposed place of origin for a few outcast furries. It would be like me making a character that's an ex-Admiral in the Liberty Navy Primary Fleet when I've never been in the Liberty Navy player faction.

The role-play of independent people should coincide with the set role-play of their place of origin and other factors. Primus can't be used as a blank spot for people to make up role-play that would be, to be frank, ridiculous if it'd come from anywhere else.
Unfortunately should this be approved, people will start creating their own very special goverments everywhere.
If this's approved, I'd like to see Libertalia-like state somewhere on... uhm, Toledo in 86? At least if monkey bolshevik state is possible, why anarchist human state isn't?
I haven't read the SCRA story but it would be fitting if those folks who went back in time were the saboteurs that damaged the Hispania. The saboteurs were Coalition spies who went on to found the roots of the SCRA, makes sense.

In relation to this:
I would avoid using the Coalition/SCRA in it from the very start. No doubt a good few shuttles went missing during the exodus from the Hispania, hard to argue against the idea that some might have made it to Primus.

The folks there could have well, just gone communist. Earth could've gone the same way not too long ago. Not far fetched for it to happen.
' Wrote:Primus needs a set role-play for the entire planet. It can't be used as a supposed place of origin for a few outcast furries. It would be like me making a character that's an ex-Admiral in the Liberty Navy Primary Fleet when I've never been in the Liberty Navy player faction.

The role-play of independent people should coincide with the set role-play of their place of origin and other factors. Primus can't be used as a blank spot for people to make up role-play that would be, to be frank, ridiculous if it'd come from anywhere else.

No, no, you didn't get my drift. Basically, it would be a furry community, the -only- furry community and there would be no more furries allowed in other factions. Kinda like the AI ID, which are sentient AIs that ''built'' themselves, not Sirian AIs.

EDIT: Gammu's backstory with robots is part of the lore, I'd like to integrate Primus' furries.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6