Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question re Rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can a Lawful ID'd ship pay a Pirate (Pirate ID) to destroy a ship who is pursuing the lawful player (The persuing ship also being a lawful faction but from Houses at war)

Is this classed as Allying which is forbidden on the Lawful players ID (Cannot Ally with Pirates)

Secondly if the said pirate has told you to go on your way and then destroys you without any kind of notice and says it is because the other lawful character offered him money, is this ok. Surely some form of engagement notice would be required?? I know BH, Mercs and Freelancers can be hired in game on the spot but can a Lawful Character hire a Pirate in game??

Thoughts or clarification would be helpful
' Wrote:Can a Lawful ID'd ship pay a Pirate to destroy a ship who is pursuing the lawful player (The persuing ship also being a lawful faction but from Houses at war)

Is this classed as Allying which is forbidden on the Lawful players ID (Cannot Ally with Pirates)

Secondly if the said pirate has told you to go on your way and then destroys you without any kind of notice and says it is because the other lawful character offered him money, is this ok. Surely some form of engagement notice would be required?? I know BH, Mercs and Freelancers can be hired in game on the spot but can a Lawful Character hire a Pirate in game??

I think "allying" means that a lawful and an unlawful cannot decide to pirate ships together;)

Pirates can hire mercenaries as well as freelancers, however freelancers are more the good kind of guy, so they are probably going to refuse a pirate offer to "help" him. But it is possible nevertheless!
' Wrote:Can a Lawful ID'd ship pay a Pirate to destroy a ship who is pursuing the lawful player (The persuing ship also being a lawful faction but from Houses at war)

It depends. I know that Xenos will shoot Rheinlanders without hesitating. Gaians would shoot BAF no probs. There are many situations where this would fly.
Engagement notice is not required. Roleplay before engagement is required.

Also, pirates cannot claim bounties.
' Wrote:Engagement notice is not required. Roleplay before engagement is required.
Thanks

'you can leave' doesnt appear sufficient prior to blowing someone up
Quote:Also, pirates cannot claim bounties.

Thanks, so the pirates claiming they killed me as they were hired in game is a no no
Yes. A no no. Also, by comparing Rogues, Mollys etc IDs with Pirate ID we cannot find that independant pirate can engage lawfuls. However, that's not enforced.