Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Tech question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a part of a Sirius group that happens to have access to Brigand tech. However, there is a question that's been bugging me. If I'm going to setup a ship with either a Brigand ship or guns, is it allowed rule wise if I use Carbines instead of debiliators?

tl;dr:
Sirius ship with Arquebus guns, is it allowed to use Carbines?
Gallic ship with Arquebus guns that will operate in Sirius, is it allowed to use Carbines?

Already told you, Carbines are Gallic Civilian, so no. It's stupid and unroleplayisch, but not much we can do about it, I'm afraid.
[font=Comic Sans Ms]Is "Sirius Civilian" hostile to "Gallic Brigand"?

Is "Gallic Brigand" hostile to "Sirius Civilian"?

If the answers to both is "No", then you're good to go. See the tech chart thread for confirmation on this

Quote:* Technology from factions that are hostile to each other may not be combined. For example, a Mercenary cannot use Bretonian weaponry on a Kusari ship.
Why the heck would you wanna use Carbines anyway? They're far, far worse, especially when using them with Brigand guns.

Brigand guns are 600m/s, Carbines are 700m/s. This means that your aim is going to be terrible when using these guns together. The 650m/s Debilitators are not only superior guns, they also work with Brigand guns.

Civilian Gallic tech used on any ship that isn't a Gallic Unlawful/Semi-Lawful/Corp outside of Gallia, IE, any generic ID (cept the Researcher for some reason), can't use Carbines in Sirius.

You can use Debs and Brigand shooters though, in Sirius, on an FL ID.

In short.

Sirius ship with Arquebus guns, is it allowed to use Carbines?

No, not in Sirius. Only in Gallia.

Gallic ship with Arquebus guns that will operate in Sirius, is it allowed to use Carbines?

No, unless it's UC, Brigand, Maquis, FL or Pirate.
Question answered, thanks