Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Humans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Humans today are terrifying beings, that are blinded by prejudice. There are exceptions, but they're rare. The humanity's technical development is stunning, especially in the last 100 years. We've been visiting the moon, we've solar-powered cars, endless ways of communication et cetera.

There you've got the human in the medival. An example, in that time, some woman were labled as witches. Those who couldn't prove it differently, were burned. Today, you lable someone as a terrorist, because he believes in a religion that's currently controversial. The surprising thing is, even though our technical development is so stunning, our psychedelic development doesn't grow at all.

We've got air-planes, cell-phones and we can heal most deceases with medicine. But our psychedelic development is still the same as in the medival, with the difference that we know that the earth is round. The example with the religion is just one of many. People are being hunted because of different sexuality, colours of skin, political attitude et cetera.

I wonder how long it'll take that the humanity finally understands that they need to develop psychedelic as well ? When we're going to tolerate every other human, even if he's different ? When are we going to get rid of all weapons, and have peace on earth ?

Albert Einstein once said: "First, the bees are going to die, then we humans." A few years ago, 40% of the bees in the United States died, which was 2007 I think, as well as 20% of all german bees. The logical conclusion now would be, that because of the climatic change, and the still growing amount of nuclear bombs, wars etc, the humanity is next ?

I think now is the time, and pretty much the last chance to change. To either start a glorious new age, or to end the humanity as a whole. Never before were humans that eager to start wars, even with our current technicial development. Not only that, but we all should've learned from the history, that wars do not benefit humanity in a bit. The humanity reached its highlight, but it also reached its end of existance.

What's technicial development, if there are still people dying because of hunger ?

I'd like you to discuss about this, trolls and others of this sort aren't wanted.

Also, if it's too long for you to read, don't. It's up to you.
[color=#6666CC]CLICK ME
If I wanted to philosophy on the nature of the human being I'd be doing my homeworks, not be on a forum. But thanks for trying to sensitivize us, I guess.

Besides, I believe in radical behaviourism, which means the human being cannot be blamed for his acts simply because he cannot control them, as only external stimuli causes him to react through his instincts/potential gains, and that the mind does not exist. Just like any other species.
[color=#FFFFFF]Why the dystopian mood Korny
First off: Humans suck.

We aren't developing psychedelically because we have evolved to be this way - prejudiced, non-tolerant. We are this way in order to survive. If something smells fishy to us, like someone of a controversial religion, we kill it. That way - hopefully - more other humans survive and the species continues to flurish.
That's the way life works. Survival of the fittest. And to make the species the fittest, humans kill their weaker/dangerous comrades.

That's why there are wars, weapons, etc.

At least that's my view of things.
Actually due to the new 'drone' developments in war world leaders don't have to take casualties into account as much as what is used to be.

So I'm expecting the 'world leaders' to take aggressive action against something they don't like pretty fast.

And money is and always will be the thing people want.
And money brings power which is why people want money.
Those kind of people don't care about the future they care about their own little live. When they die they don't have to care what happened to the people still living on Earth.

Due to the Media developments we get to see a lot more then what we used to.
Which (I think) makes us think it's all a lot worse then it seems.

We are even recording stuff like:
"On May 1, 2011 there were 1218 potentially hazardous asteroids."
First to clarify:

When you say "psychedlic" development, I assume you're not referring to the use of Entheogens. Perhaps you mean "pyschic", or "philosophical"...?

However, I will inject a ray of hope here, from an avowed Entheogenist:

It's called the "Jumping Jesus Phenomenon".

Don't fret... it's not a religious rant, per se. It just uses the life of a certain Hebrew Rabbi as a "yardstick".

Your resident Hope Fiend,

Mal
I believe that the mind doesn't exist in the same way that we, the human species, used to replace the Big Bang theory with God creating the Universe. The mystique replaces sciences when we know nothing about a subject, and the more we learn about the human being, the more we realize the concept of the human being to be outside of nature to be improbable. We're like this because every species strive to have a better quality of life. We've had our behaviors changed over the last millenias to lead us to believe that money means a better life quality, which is true in many cases. Hence, our greed actually simply is a survival instinct.

Psychology has to change from the studies of the mystique that is the mind into something that can be measured, that is tangible, such as behaviours. We cannot call it a science if we treat it differently from other sciences and use a different way to study human beings.

''A human being is a lot more complex than a dog is. But just like the dog, a human being can be studied on scientifically.'' B. F. Skinner, father of Radical Behaviourism.
' Wrote:If I wanted to philosophy on the nature of the human being I'd be doing my homeworks, not be on a forum. But thanks for trying to sensitivize us, I guess.

Besides, I believe in radical behaviourism, which means the human being cannot be blamed for his acts simply because he cannot control them, as only external stimuli causes him to react through his instincts/potential gains, and that the mind does not exist. Just like any other species.
Some quality word invention there :P

Survival of the fittest must be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Religion is a close second. I could rant for hours, but I will just stop here.
People don't think about consequences of their lifespan and products of it. Need -> Get by any means -> Use over Reduce -> Reuse -> Recycle, huh. Point of this thread is kind of moot. If you combine statistics and politics, you'll get what's currently happening on wee Earf.
Pages: 1 2 3 4