Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Efficiency of guns depending on ships.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
' Wrote:I think guns are balanced the way they are now, with a few exceptions. If they are balanced well, mostly it doesn't matter what combination you use. Random example, I don't think that Titan with Buckshots (although impossible without SRP) would be more OP than Titan with Salamancas.
It would be. The damage output is slightly lower for buckshots, but sticking 750 m/s mid-dps guns on a titan? Awwwww yeah.
[font=Comic Sans Ms]I like this idea. It'd make the balance team able to even out the stats for faction guns + ship setups, while allowing those who wish to have stories involving mixed setups to not be overpowered.

Sounds like a great way to push players towards cannon stories through the game engine, while not stifling creativity.
Unfortunately, I'm afraid this might just be ignored as a proposition. It's sad, because I find it to be extra-awesome.
' Wrote:It would be. The damage output is slightly lower for buckshots, but sticking 750 m/s mid-dps guns on a titan? Awwwww yeah.

I didn't say it wouldn't be good, but how is Buckshot Titan different from Buckshot Manta or whatever? It's not like the Titan is made to "work" with 600ms only, and anything faster makes it OP.
' Wrote:Unfortunately, I'm afraid this might just be ignored as a proposition. It's sad, because I find it to be extra-awesome.

Someone already had this idea
(not me)
The idea sounds alight but generic ships would be at a disadvantage when mounting faction guns. Perhaps if they got bonuses according to the factions primary ship? eg. bundshu get the bonus using the sabre or LWB for the eagle.

Also, things other than damage should be modified as well. All the criminal weapons have different stats compared to their house counterparts so mods for re-fire, range and projectile speed should be added for different factions as well.
Factions would get a more influx of 'die hard DPS folk' while independent organizations may suffer.

Then again, people who care about DPS over RP in this server needs a checkup.
' Wrote:Someone already had this idea
(not me)

And this means?
I like this idea.Not sure if it can/will be added,but it does have merit. Nice idea(no matter who's it was)
' Wrote:Then again, people who care about DPS over RP in this server needs a checkup.

zz

Shows how deep your understanding of RP is. I am still against the idea...
Pages: 1 2 3