Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Concept of a GMG VHF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
a word in advance ...

this ship is meant to be "ancient" - or rather pretty old. - it was old when the GMG went to war against the Rheinland military - but used extensivly then. ( i do hope that i m right that the GMG already had some kusari influence there? )

[Image: AncientGMGVHF.png]
- the fighter is based on a RL plane ( an old one though ) - a russian Mig-25 "foxbut" or so

- it shows a little bit of steampunk - and a little bit of kusari folded wings
- the fighterlines are still very "classic" - with a huge intake for gasous enviroments beneath the mainframe.

edit:

btw. - here is the GMG bomber revision i had planned for some time later - cause i m not happy with its quality:

[Image: GMGbomberrevision.png]
( wasn t meant to be shown, cause it doesn t change much )

That thing looks MASSIVE!

Could you give us some size comparisons?
While I very much like that model itself, I do have a problem with the Kusarian looks on GMG fighters.
Influence or not, the GMG has their own designs which look pretty awesome as it is.
Both Karasu and Kaichou (Taiidan) look really awesome while they have nothing to do with Kusari designs and their paper-wings.
And I think it should stay like that.
I think their VHF should be made in line with Kaichoku (which is also a very old design, used in the same war).
Your design is awesome for some Kusarian faction though. I really like it, I just think that the GMG should stay with their own designs.
thx for the input

- yes - the thing IS massive - probably easily large VHF size ( but nowhere near a werewolf )
- thats the question i couldn t solve - how much has kusari influenced the GMG designs...

- also note that i am not very fond of the GMG bomber... not only was it one of the first models i made, but it is also significantly too small ( like the RM bomber ) for a bomber with a heavy plant. - and its also too little detailed.
With some slight modifications, the GMG Freighter 3.0 could easily replace the bomber, or make a fine VHF.

[Image: gmgfreighter.png]
omg, maybe we'll finnaly get some models for Homeworld imports? There is a huge ground of work required to replace the uglies first.

As an a modeling attempt it looks good. Except one part. I think that VHF easely got a poly count of a GB or a cruiser. Also i heard that Karasu is np, so do the GMG really needs a VHF of their own? Then a BS, Cruiser, GMG battlecruiser etc si?
Correct me if I am wrong... this is only a concept, it won't be a submission will it?
there are no submissions for 4.86

and i have not attempted another "renzu" line concept - cause thats luis turf ( he defined the renzu look with his liner and the last renzu models i made were too kusari-ish )

other than the renzu - there aren t many homeworld models left. - there are still a few odd ships like the x-shuttle and the spatial ... but all in all - many of the ships have been replaced.

not sure if there is a gmg LF - but the freighter is already replaced - but since the gmg is a fighter faction ... without a VHF - it might be worth working on that end.
' Wrote:thx for the input

- yes - the thing IS massive - probably easily large VHF size ( but nowhere near a werewolf )
- thats the question i couldn t solve - how much has kusari influenced the GMG designs...

- also note that i am not very fond of the GMG bomber... not only was it one of the first models i made, but it is also significantly too small ( like the RM bomber ) for a bomber with a heavy plant. - and its also too little detailed.

It doesn't matter if it was the first or the last model you made. It's one of the rare ships that actually resembles a space craft.
I won't go into balance issues, as they'v been addressed a hundred times, but as for the looks... Kaichou is flawless.

Now, to answer your question about Kusari influence. As far as the lore goes, it's unknown.
But considering the GMG had it's own line for a very long time (Taiidan bomber and Taiidan HF vere just renamed and re-modeled in the same manner) i think it should stick to those designs.
GMG ships have specific looks and I'd hate to change that to another "Kusari influenced" ship.
And I'd dare to say GMG ships are far more beautiful then Kusari ones.
It's enough the Gaiians got influenced by them.
Actually, I thought the current GMG ships were the result of mixing Kusari with RM tech obtained in the war. If this fighter is older than the 80 war, Kusari design makes sense. I like it.
Pages: 1 2 3