Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Federal Elections in Canada today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In case it wasn't hammered enough into your minds during the last month.

PLEASE GO VOTE.

Doesn't matter who you vote for, as long as you're practicing your right to vote.

Thread can now be locked before political stuff happens.
' Wrote:Doesn't matter who you vote for, as long as you're practicing your right to vote.

Actually, don't practice your right, perform your right.

That's something that's always bothered me. When I'm practicing, that means I'm working to sharpen my skills. It's okay to make mistakes in practice. But when I need to actually do something, I'm performing.

For example, the NFL teams (presuming they avoid a lockout) are going to start spring training and practicing. But come this fall, on Sundays they'll be performing, and expected to do their best. They're not practicing then.

So why is it that we call it practicing medicine? Doctors can't perform medicine?

Anyway - GO VOTE, you crazy Canucks!

--Your southern neighbor
[color=#FFFFFF]Ye go and vote. The future of your country is literally in your hands.

~Your neighbour 5000 miles away
What Agmen said.

-your Californian-turned-Texan neighbor.
I'll go vote in a few. So I can then complain on who won the election!

But yes, nothing saddens me more than someone saying "I'm not voting" and then complains that nothing gets done...
' Wrote:I'll go vote in a few. So I can then complain on who won the election!

But yes, nothing saddens me more than someone saying "I'm not voting" and then complains that nothing gets done...

That in and of itself has sums up my philosophy on these things. I hear someone complaining about something and then ask them, 'Did you vote in the last election?'. If they tell me 'No', then I tell them, "You gave up your right to complain when you decided to not participate in the process. Unless you were in a coma, that was a voluntary choice on YOUR part. So shut up and quit complaining - you haven't earned the right TO complain."

And I've voted in every election that I've been eligible for since I turned 18 ... which is too many darned years ago. That includes the elections that I was a poll worker, too. (7 months and a few days until I hit the half century mark...)