Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: An idea for Comm channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came up with this idea today:

Idea option 1:

What if Forum administrators will create a new Subforum for Communication Channel.

Q: What will this Subforum consist of?
A: All Official faction threads which players can post to inform Official faction leaders that they have new Communication link in Communication channel.

For example: i am in Communication Channel forum, i make a post with title: "To: Rheinland Military High Command" then i go to the subforum and post: New Communication Link Opened and Paste the Comm channel Link which i just created there.

Idea option 2:

Maybe if that's possible then make somekind of Forum plugin which informs High Command members about the new post via forum PM.
This plugin should search Keywords in Communication channel about the faction name for example if the title is "To: Rheinland Military High Command" then plugin searches Rheinland Military and other kind of Keywords.

Official Faction Leader will give details to Administrators who is part of the HC and should receive PMs

Thoughts?

Thank you,
Vex
I don't see any real need for this.
Skype works for idea 1.
Laziness or apathy are usually why posts aren't answered, so idea 2 is irrelevant.
Don't worry, stuff gets read. Sometimes people just like to take their time getting around to replying.
Nothing personal but i dont like idea number 1.
I think idea 2 is not bad.
Idea One would make the forums messy and cluttered.

Idea Two is okay, but would require a lot of work and I'm not even sure if we can do that. It is the responsibility of the thread creator to make sure the faction leader knows about it.. The creator can send the PM themselves.