Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Barrier Gate station is a busy trade junction, it's a place where Outcasts exchange their Cardamine with the Liberty Rogues, and reap unimaginable profits. A place where Freelancers like to hang out, a place to lay low, a place to relax, or just to hit pub and kick back...
[Image: pub_britannia_v2.jpg]
The West wing pub, dubbed by it's owner and patrons the "Lone Drunkard", owned by an obese bartender 'Mick', and frequently populated by all sorts of lowlifes, freelancers, and even miners. The pub offers a wide range of drinks, ranging from the famous Sidewinder Fang, to your common every day beer you can a few blocks from your home, at every colony. 'Mick' frequently cleans the glasses, even though they are obviously clean and sparkling, with a portrait of George Tinsley, hanging proudly behind him. As he is busy cleaning the bar stand, the first customer races in...

"Bloody hell I'm thirsty!" Leon yelled as he was approaching 'Mick', "Toss me one of those beers. The strong stuff though, I'm not one of those nansy pansy Bunters over there" - Leon said as he was gazing all over them "You know what 'Mick', make it two, I might be expecting some company" As he payed for his drink, Leon retreated to one of the corner tables, kicked back, with his legs over the table, casually placed his hand into his coat pocket and removed a pack of cigarettes. "Hey you Bunters don't mind if I light my cigarette?" - Leon was yelling in a sarcastic manner, while inhaling and exhaling the sweet smoke in a rather smooth fashion. While he was eyeballing the patrons in the pub, he drank his beer and waited for something interesting to happen.
Dave enters the bar sits behind the bar counter
A Beer please, let's see what this bar has to offer 'eh?
A blonde-haired girl between 19-21 came in, causing a few heads to turn. Sitting at the counter, she smiled.

"Vodka. Straight up."

Accepting her drink, she knocked half of it down and took a quick look around the place.

"Good old Barrier Gate."
Leon turns his attention to the new girl, ''scanning'' her completely from head to toe. He takes a sip of his beer and extinguishes his cigarette, playing with the ashtray a bit. He starts talking, making it obvious that he's talking to her - "Hey sweet stuff, how about you have a drink on me?". He gazes on her as he lights another cigarette.
Dave swags some beer, throws an look at her and stares at the counter again
"Pah..."
He secretly listens to the conversation between the Girl and Leon
The girl looks at Leon.

"One: My name isn't sweet stuff. It's Izzy. Second, sure. I'll tske that drink."

Izzy set her now-empty glass down.
"Izzy huh? That's a sweet name. Name's Leon, nice to meet you..." Leon turned his attention to the serving girl and yelled "Kid! Bring two of whatever the lady here is drinking" Turning his attention back to Izzy, Leon asked "Well, Izzy, what brings a such nice lady here, to the Lone Drunkard?" He took another sip of his beer, while taking down his legs from the table, and placing himself in a more civilized position.
*Asa comes in and takes a look around the bar, he goes and takes a sit and a fury looking pet hop on his shoulders*

I will have a sidewinder fang if you dont mind. *he takes a look at the girl and Leon, to see how it will end for Leon.*
"The other bar threw me out. Didn't like me beating the crap out of a Bounty Hunter quartet with my bare hands."

Izzy downed her drink, and, without looking, addressed,the eavesdroppers.

"Boys, eavesdropping on a pretty girl who obviously has a hidden weapon besides my short shorts is either bravery or stupidity."

From somewhere Izzy was suddenly twirling a knife with a serrated edge.
*From a corner stool at the bar, a not-so-tall young man, a whiskey and cola on the bar beside him, with a guitar in his hand, strums a few notes and softly sings a few words*

"...she's got you high and you don't even know yet, she's got you high and you don't even know yet..."
"...the suns in the sky, it's warmin' up your bare legs, yet you cant deny, your lookin' for the sunset..."

"...it's the search for time, before it leaves without you - have you lost your mind...?"

"...or has she taken all of yours too?"

"...she's got you high~~~..."

*guitar stops, and Dane takes a drink. He looks back, and smiles*