Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 1st Liberty Volunteer Group (The Flying Tigers)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This thread got me wondering about how other factions might react to the Gallic invasion of Bretonia, particularly Liberty, given their close ties with Bretonia. My question is this: how would you react to a group very loosely based on these guys?

Something along the lines of:

1st Liberty Volunteer Group
ID: Mercenary(?)
IFF: BAF (?)

History

With the Gallic war machine's sights firmly set on New London, the Bretonian Government became increasingly desparate to find new ways of tipping the balance in their favour. Diplomats were dispatched to all corners of Sirius carrying politely worded requests for resources, money, and anythng else that may aid the war effort. Nowhere were those pleas for help greeted as warmly as in Liberty, Bretonia's oldest friend. Raw materials started to flow freely into Bretonia, allowing Southampton Shipyard to churn out new ships faster than it ever had before, and low interest loans helped to fund increased defencive works around the capital.

This generous aid, though, was not enough to turn the tide, and very soon the diplomats returned to Liberty and asked for more help. They pointed out that if Bretonia fell, then Liberty would bear the brunt of the Gallic invasion alone, and this argument helped sway the debate in their favour.

Liberty, however, was unwilling to further antagonise Gallia, and was also reluctant to fight on two fronts at once. In order to get around this problem, it was suggested that group of volunteer pilots be sent, thus allowing Liberty to remain officially neutral. The pilots who volunteered were all serving Navy officers, and had to officially resign their commissions in order to join the 1st LVG. In practice, very little changed for them, and they often shipped out to New London with exactly the same ships that they had only recently been patrolling the New Hampshire front in. The Bretonian Armed Forces were quick to welcome thair new allies, and soon appreciated the value of flying alongside the Guardians and Upholders of the 1st Liberty Volunteers.

Diplomatic Status
Friendly to:
Liberty Government and Corporations
Bretonia Government and Corporations

Neutral to:
Everyone else

Hostile to:
Gallia

(Obviously this isn't complete. The way I see it, the LVG wouldn't be interested in Bretonia's domestic problems (Gaians/Mollies etc), since that would make life complicated for the LN. They are only there to help shore up the defences against Gallia)

Equipment
Guardians
Upholders
Bretonian/Liberty weaponry

(Having Bretonian guns would be my preference snce it would clearly delineate LVG pilots from LN ones, and just give a generally more Bretonian feel. Also, it would be easier to maintain them for BAF technicians)

So, what do you think? Could this work?

Im sorry to say but with the 1st| keep acting they way they are , i dont think this is gonna work really ,They are shooting everyone on sight , without engagement notice and swearing in system.Also , lots of people allready been talking 'bout your actions.
I have no idea what you're talking about. This is a concept group that I have just thought of and am asking for feedback for. It doesn't exist.

And I have never sworn in game. Ever.

I think you have the wrong person...

EDIT: Spelling errors. Oops

EDIT 2: Just looked at your screenshot. Couple of things:
1) No that's not me, that's not anythng to do with me. I would have suggested LVG| as a tag...
2) Trial by forum much?
' Wrote:
Im sorry to say but with the 1st| keep acting they way they are , i dont think this is gonna work really ,They are shooting everyone on sight , without engagement notice and swearing in system.Also , lots of people allready been talking 'bout your actions.

You're confusing LSF 1st| faction with his concept.

On topic : No, the reason it existed in RL world as to give war support. I don't see reason to do it here, unless LN wants to send their own man in the battle. (No need for merc faction with cool toys), just join BAF| and shot Gallics what you're made of;)
Same name?
Thanks for the feedback. My impression was that it existed as a w ay for the US to get involved without actually offcially declaring war. When they entered the war, it was reabsorbed into the USAF (?). I thought that situation was kind of similar to what was going to be happening in 4.86 between Liberty and Gallia...
' Wrote:You're confusing LSF 1st| faction with his concept.

On topic : No, the reason it existed in RL world as to give war support. I don't see reason to do it here, unless LN wants to send their own man in the battle. (No need for merc faction with cool toys), just join BAF| and shot Gallics what you're made of;)

Guess i own you an Apologie.
Sorry.
No worries, it's cool.
As long as you stick.to snubs, this has my approval :)
' Wrote:Thanks for the feedback. My impression was that it existed as a w ay for the US to get involved without actually offcially declaring war. When they entered the war, it was reabsorbed into the USAF (?). I thought that situation was kind of similar to what was going to be happening in 4.86 between Liberty and Gallia...

It was, but Liberty doesn't have official stance as "We can't be seen directly involved in conflict" as Gallia advances into Bretonia , and threatens all the Sirius mostly. As I said, its a nice concept but I don't think its necessary, at least until we find out will LN want to get involved directly ingame.

But don't let me bash your idea, I just stating my point of view, if you're into it, by all means, develop it more.
Pages: 1 2 3