Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hey Pirates! The lot of you!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It has been my experience with the majority of pirates that I come across in my Zoner ships that you folks prefer to leave us alone. There's been many an occasion where I've drifted on by either in silence or in some cases with a polite hello. Others when I'll come across a pirate doing nasty things to another transport and they'll take a moment to stop and wave to us.

Now, I realize a lot of independent pirates utilize Freeports and could understand why they don't exactly want to come off as hostile there, that we (OSI at least) feed Corsairs and they'd smile a bit, but the rest of the factionized folks don't do much of anything. I'd expect Mollies and Rogues to plunder the snot out of us, for example.

My question is thus: why is this so? Why don't we catch a little less slack moving cargo?

To go ahead and answer it, yeah, I'm asking to be pirated. As a member of the OSI HC, I'm proud of how we've handled our diplomacy, but gosh darnit, our players have it too easy and we've not got a whole lot to work for in terms of fixing things. I said this in the RHA feedback, but as OSI players, the closest thing we have to any sort of antagonists are the Omicroners. This, to be frank, is a lot of the reason why I put in for the Daumann TMS contract, as it'd make some of the Rheinland unlawfuls a little less than pleased.

That, and it's always good to have some connections.

I'm interested to see why some of the players tend to be more lenient with Zoners. It's not so much a bother, of course, just a curiosity.
Unioners won't pirate you because of Freeport 2. Partly because we need you, partly because we consider you as our allies, and partly for nostalgia.
Nobody wants to risk getting banned from a Freeport. Sides, most of the politically oriented groups don't have much beef with you. On the other hand, if you're asking for it, i can also chase after you with Eichann.
But that's an all or nothing deal. Either you get out scot free, hand it over, or die, eh?
I can make a pirate-id'd roc and go pirate you if you wanted... oh.. wait no that's not smart. No where to base off of:)
' Wrote:Nobody wants to risk getting banned from a Freeport. Sides, most of the politically oriented groups don't have much beef with you. On the other hand, if you're asking for it, i can also chase after you with Eichann.
But that's an all or nothing deal. Either you get out scot free, hand it over, or die, eh?
For the most part, unless you repeatedly piss off all of the groups, your chances of catching the bad end of a FR5 are slim. All three of us have to be in agreement, and most of us are of the opinion that it's the jobs of each Freeport to deal with it.

As far as the Mollys go, I'm fairly disappointed that you lot haven't been more aggressive. Even if you - or other factions for that matter - don't have a direct conflict with Zoners, I figure we'd still make a nice supplement to the credit pile.

I realize I probably sound a tad insane for almost complaining about not being pirated.
[font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Freeports buy and sell counterfeit software and munitions. That and the really uptight and snooty Zoners seem to have disappeared. Hence why I don't hit your ships.

If it makes you feel any better, my indy zoney has twice been pirated by an LR- guy while hauling deutritium. Perhaps if OSI tried supplying pirates more often they'd start getting extorted and blown up?:P
' Wrote:For the most part, unless you repeatedly piss off all of the groups, your chances of catching the bad end of a FR5 are slim. All three of us have to be in agreement, and most of us are of the opinion that it's the jobs of each Freeport to deal with it.

As far as the Mollys go, I'm fairly disappointed that you lot haven't been more aggressive. Even if you - or other factions for that matter - don't have a direct conflict with Zoners, I figure we'd still make a nice supplement to the credit pile.

I realize I probably sound a tad insane for almost complaining about not being pirated.

When I was in Sprofl's Mollies, any Zoners in Dublin was a fair game.

Any Zoners letting a Corsair dock on Canaria was also to be killed, too.
I will pirate zoners, but not agressivly, just asking for a donation to keep my guns in working order. Otherwise they start misfiring.
As a molly I have taxed zoners, but I usually tax em less, cos they let us base of their freeports, like IMG.

Is there a problem with that?
There's not a problem with it, no. I was just curious.

I suppose I really expected the pirate factions to be a little more like the Corsairs treated us around the time of the Freeport 9 debacle. A little more "You better make yourself useful, or we'll extract that juice manually." I also find it odd that so many perceive the Freeports to be that important.
Pages: 1 2 3 4