Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: No gold in dublin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
' Wrote:Ofcause i have, and if it was full gold would still be dropped:)
Uh, no...ore goes straight to your cargo hold now. If your cargo hold is full, you don't get any ore.

' Wrote:300 to 450 Million ore everyday? Is that even possible?
I believe he meant credit value.
' Wrote:300 to 450 Million ore everyday? Is that even possible?

Cash?
' Wrote:Uh, no...ore goes straight to your cargo hold now. If your cargo hold is full, you don't get any ore.
I believe he meant credit value.

I never knew this until now.... this explains everything.
' Wrote:Of interest to you might be: Fields refill at around 10 units/minute, i.e. 14400/day. Dublin has 3 major mining areas and one minor one. Every day around 300 to 450 mil of ore is extracted from the fields in this system.
So, I thought about this for a bit, and this really explains a lot.

Fields having 14400 ore a day is less than three 5k transports. A bit more than five hegemons.

That means that only five people each day, of the several hundred that use the server, can mine in a given field. A single group mining operation with a couple of haulers and a few miners will take half an hour or so and completely deplete the field even if it's been recharging for an entire day, screwing everyone else who wanted to mine.

At 10 units/minute, the field can only support a single Hegemon every five hours. Even with the small ship bonus, a large hauler can only be filled every eight hours or so.

No wonder I never get any ore when I go mining anymore--if anyone's been there anytime in the last five hours, I don't get anything.

I don't really think this system is scalable to the current population of the server, but it's definitely gotten people to do things other than mine.

Thanks for that bit of data.
' Wrote:So, I thought about this for a bit, and this really explains a lot.

Fields having 14400 ore a day is less than three 5k transports. A bit more than five hegemons.

That means that only five people each day, of the several hundred that use the server, can mine in a given field. A single group mining operation with a couple of haulers and a few miners will take half an hour or so and completely deplete the field even if it's been recharging for an entire day, screwing everyone else who wanted to mine.

At 10 units/minute, the field can only support a single Hegemon every five hours. Even with the small ship bonus, a large hauler can only be filled every eight hours or so.

No wonder I never get any ore when I go mining anymore--if anyone's been there anytime in the last five hours, I don't get anything.

I don't really think this system is scalable to the current population of the server, but it's definitely gotten people to do things other than mine.

Thanks for that bit of data.

There's real world sustainability lesson being illustrated by this, for what it's worth.
' Wrote:I can say that one of the fields in Dublin is not mined out. The others are a little on the low side.

Of interest to you might be: Fields refill at around 10 units/minute, i.e. 14400/day. Dublin has 3 major mining areas and one minor one. Every day around 300 to 450 mil of ore is extracted from the fields in this system.
15k ore per day is waaaayyyyyyy to low.

Ive been getting low ore yields with BMM- using two mining snubs on a transports. and i have been averaging 3 ore per shot. in tau-23 (and niobium)
5 per shot in leeds
dont even ask me about dublin

ill get back to you on real numbers within a week, but if its true that 15k/day is restored on fields, it needs some sort of buff, because its just way too damn low... (or make a special exception for mining snubs, the 25% bonus doesn't help enough it seems.)
Yes, we are planning to buff this.
How about make the depletion only apply to Hegemons? Rather, mining snubs always get the full drop rate (maybe not the same as if the field were actually "full", because that's kind of high)...have them get either some set minimum drop rate that can fill a 5k in 30min or so (whatever length of time is fair), or the field drop rate, whichever is higher.

However, give this guaranteed drop rate only when a snub is mining into another ship's cargo hold. Also make the snubs still affect the field's depletion as if they were getting the normal rate.

Example: Snub shoots a rock and fills another ship. The field depletion rate is such that you should expect 3 ore/rock. However, because a snub that's filling another transport is the one doing the shooting, it gets the minimum 10ore/rock (or whatever), but depletes the field as if it were depleting 3ore/rock.

Or: Snub shoots a rock and fills another ship. The field depletion rate is such that you should expect 15 ore/rock. Since this is higher than the "snub minimum" of 10 ore/rock, the snub gets the full 15 ore/rock (or 15 ore/rock * the snub bonus of 25%). The field is also depleted by 15ore/rock.

To prevent people from mining into their own transports, make ships not get the bonus if the transport they're mining into has been logged on for less than a minute (or however long the ship stays online after F1ing). This won't affect legit players much at all, but will make it very difficult to F1 back and forth between a miner and a transport in order for a player to get the advantage on their own.

Advantages: This guarantees to mining groups that they won't be wasting everyone's time if they go out mining, and heavily encourages group mining.

Disadvantages: Uh...mining stops being dead?

Edit: Ninjaed by the man himself! Thanks for the update, Cannon!
Pages: 1 2