Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: makeing a LAN server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey i need some help.......
me and some friends are makes LAN for about 50 people.... and i would like to make a server, me and a friend both like freelancer.... but he dont like to play online becaure he dont like to trade.....i know how to make the servoer but not the money,i would like know how to change things like start money.. then we dont need to trade for hours to get GB or cruiser... it is for a LAN and if people need to trade for hours to get money... i thing they just dont play freelancer... but more CS... i would like to know how to change to start money to like 100mil..like to PvP server.. thx
Deactivate the mod, reactivate it. You'll get some options when trying to activate the mod (Client, Server and Open SP). Look at the stuff with 'Server' in front of them. That's where you set the starting funds.
ok thx....... i didnt know:):)
No problem:)
One thing though, Disco 4.84 doesn't allow more than 500mil to start. All the battleships cost around 750mil, which can be frustrating. I would reccomend downloading IONCROSS, which, incidentally, is what Disco uses, because you can edit the server chars. (send them to remote places, change ship, affiliation, MONEY, guns, etc...) I can guide you through the use of it, or ask someone with a bit more experience than me, makes no difference to me.
' Wrote:hey i need some help.......
me and some friends are makes LAN for about 50 people.... and i would like to make a server, me and a friend both like freelancer.... but he dont like to play online becaure he dont like to trade.....i know how to make the servoer but not the money,i would like know how to change things like start money.. then we dont need to trade for hours to get GB or cruiser... it is for a LAN and if people need to trade for hours to get money... i thing they just dont play freelancer... but more CS... i would like to know how to change to start money to like 100mil..like to PvP server.. thx

wat u could do is set up lan at ur house and get hamachi and add pple to connection so ur server will show up when ur network is up

' Wrote:hey i need some help.......

oh well thats in mod manager... but its ageinst the rules... talk to some pple about settin up ur own lan using hamachi to brodcast it
I've been using Hamachi for quite some time now. A very useful tool.
Quote:oh well thats in mod manager... but its ageinst the rules... talk to some pple about settin up ur own lan using hamachi to brodcast it

what is against the rules????

iam a bit lost here what is Hamachi :unsure::unsure::unsure: