Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: how do you change fl server ip?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my server keeps comming up as ip : 192.168.0.100 and is not on the internet, im not trying to steel no ones thunder here, it's just me and a friend and i currently do not know how to make it so he sees my server. help would be apprecated. :cool:
Any address starting with 192.168.x.x is an address provided by your router to your network. What you need to do is find out the IP address given to your router by your ISP. Usually you can find this by going into the settings of your router; this will be the address that will be visible to your friends.

Next step is to go into your router and get any connection made to the FL server ports and forward them to your 192.168.0.100 address. If I recall, it's in the 2000-3000 range UDP.

In their command line options, anyone wanting to connect to your server will have to set -s<public IP address of your server> shortcut command line. This should help your server appear in their list.

Hopefully that does it for ya.
If it's just for a friend (or a couple) you could and should consider hamachi. It'll setup a private virtual network between anyone logged into the same virtual network.

Really easy to use and it keeps the server private.
' Wrote:If it's just for a friend (or a couple) you could and should consider hamachi.
No. Just no.