Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: need a bit of help/advise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a two fold issue that I am trying to get resolved in reporting someone..
as I know that metagaming if proven is really not allowed

and also ramming purposely --use to be forbiden...
so in the reporting forum I need server rules to correlate and cant find them

can some help please and locate these..

TY
' Wrote:I have a two fold issue that I am trying to get resolved in reporting someone..
as I know that metagaming if proven is really not allowed

and also ramming purposely --use to be forbiden...
so in the reporting forum I need server rules to correlate and cant find them

can some help please and locate these..

TY

The 'no ramming' rule has been removed because a 'damage mod' has been added to Disco.

Now whenever a player ship hits another player ship, hull damage happens. It might only be a tiny bit of damage or it could be a large amount of damage, it depends on how fast the ship is moving and a bunch of other factors that I don't know about.
' Wrote:The 'no ramming' rule has been removed because a 'damage mod' has been added to Disco.

Now whenever a player ship hits another player ship, hull damage happens. It might only be a tiny bit of damage or it could be a large amount of damage, it depends on how fast the ship is moving and a bunch of other factors that I don't know about.

Thank you for that info.. I didnt know about that change. Its good to know somethings can change.. I will keep that in mind.
' Wrote:http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4040

Let me get more specific on my first question.
I know that someone is "watching" the player list to see when someone is on and near a cedrtain location, then hoping from one alt to another alt to attack them.

Now mind you there is or has been plenty of RP involved in these attacks..
at first I thought running into the same person 3-4 times was bad luck -- at the 5th I began watching.. not using it or changing corse... I noticed that as I hit a certain system .. this person would log into another charater and find me..

I believe and have screened (forgot timestamps) of this happening... and I have lost count on how many times... this is refered to as metagaming --correct?? and if so where in the rules is that -- IE is it 1.1 about Roleplay?? or is there another rule??
This issue is quite huge and concerns official faction. That is, the offenders represent that faction. I myself wanted to find out whether it is true or not, and sadly was victim of metagaming myself. I don't mind if the character user chat list to find RP. But... A player waiting for ship to reach certain point and the abuse chat list to be sure to catch me and provide "all cargo or die" kind of line sucks. That happened no less than three times with exactly same circumstances and same offenders. That raises some speculation if they are here to have fun, or kill others' fun. I would certainly like to get PM from offenders who surely know what they did. Because I expected way more class from you. Even being robbed by you were always fun. But. Were fun. No more if you explicity use internet player list to target us.
It all depends. If you meet a guy in Sigma-13 on your Samura and he's on his Kruger, and he tells you 'Well hello there', then docks on Helgoland and switches to a Dragon to pirate you... It is metagaming.
If, however, the said person is switching from Dragon1 to Dragon2 or Dragon3 in order to catch you in certain systems, it's all fair game.
And it is fair game because you can also use your player list to avoid systems with pirates.
If traders can avoid criminals by using player list, or even worse, log off when a system ahead of them is dangerous, then pirates can switch around on their ships in order to catch you.

When I am on my pirate, for example, in California.. And I notice a juicy target coming from New Tokyo to Colorado - I switch to my same pirate up north in order to catch him. Tracking traders trough player list isn't easy at all. It is easy when they are factionized, but following their routes and learning their selling points takes a long time.
IC| tag. Orders given in MD. Pirates stages from same spot and pirates at exact same spot. If we take Galileo instead of Kepler. Same result. The moment he sees which system we took he moves to that direction. Thus completly blocking gates. And we won't metagame. I do believe we won't fall to such last resorts. Since this incident repeats almost every time IC| takes a run. Even when that pirate was not online before we reached Shikoku.
If they would pirate as with proper RP, why not. But, killing our run (demanding all cargo) just before destination is... Well. Crappy situation.
Maybe trying something else other then a quickest way in a straight line?
I think using jump holes a bit of ooRP for IC.

Prevention is always better then cure.
Pages: 1 2