Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hosting the Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there Discovery community. I was wondering what server software you use to host this server. My friends and I were wanting to host our own server for our little group. I have Ioncross but need some form of anti cheat software.

Thanks

Dark
We use several different tools, for different purposes. I can't be more specific, sorry, but if you need some advice, go to lancersreactor forums, things like that are discussed there.

BTW, you're saying you host it for a small community, what do you need it for? Cheaters usually come to large servers...
my'd be wondering why this thread is in development.
Well we want a place to play around and test some parts of the game out, we are not a cheater community, we would most likely be using a Addon Mod from another server. But we have Ioncross Server Operator but we are not positive how to use this to add the mod files into the game.

Thanks.

PUDARK
what maj meant here, is that you'll possibly never get any cheater since you are a tiny community.
I'm not sure.. but activating the mod generally puts the files where they need to go...
You know how to set IONCROSS to use the mod files?