Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Big ships and asteroid fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Mining Ship can barely get through Chugoku. Does anyone have a strategy I'm missing?
Nope. Ironically, the mining ship is HUGE, and the worst ship to get through asteroids with. What I did with mine - when I had it - was a lot of strafing and thrusting. You won't be cruising through 'roids! XD It's tough, but you can do it. I made it all the way through Gamma's asteroid fields (the one surrounding the Kappa jump hole), but it took about ten minutes or so.
yea u just gatta go into first person and use strafing... that usually helps... and also take off the ! box and the wepons box to c better
Yes, first person and thrusting should it. Slow, but it should work.
Do mining from border of field.

btw I'm not sure if it is posible:)havent testet it but aren't asteroids like pancake? Maybe solution for gig ships which want go from point A to point B behind asteroid field is simple.... just fly up or down at top of asteroid pancake and from there you can go anywhere (sorry I'm lazy to test that but it work with sun, mine fields....)
' Wrote:Do mining from border of field.

btw I'm not sure if it is posible:)havent testet it but aren't asteroids like pancake? Maybe solution for gig ships which want go from point A to point B behind asteroid field is simple.... just fly up or down at top of asteroid pancake and from there you can go anywhere (sorry I'm lazy to test that but it work with sun, mine fields....)

Yeah, it's possible.