Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Declaring Combat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
If I were to collect on someone's bounty, the last thing I would want is my enemy to have early warning that I'm after him. It would be even worse if this was required on the basis that it's "only fair". Shooting first and explaining your reasons why during the aftermath makes more sense in this situation.

Military and police announcing it on the other hand is quite understandable, also it would help to alert other units that there's a conflict.
If I could find a good macro program, that I could get working, I would have no problem with it. My problem is that at the moment, I sometimes have to make a choice between annoncing my intentions, and keeping my tactical advantage. Thats a hard choice to make. I'm just saying.
' Wrote:If I could find a good macro program, that I could get working, I would have no problem with it. My problem is that at the moment, I sometimes have to make a choice between annoncing my intentions, and keeping my tactical advantage. Thats a hard choice to make. I'm just saying.

Macros are 'illegal'. You're not allowed to use them. Ask Hoodlum...
I agree, however, that, between hostile factions, an announcement should still be made, but, in local chat.
' Wrote:Macros are 'illegal'. You're not allowed to use them. Ask Hoodlum...
I agree, however, that, between hostile factions, an announcement should still be made, but, in local chat.

Not Macros for firing weapons. A macros for sending messages. I think Carlos uses one, it says something like "All Hostle ships are ordered out of Omicron Gamma by order of The Benitez Familiy and The Brotherhood"

if I could hit one key and send a message like that, I would have much less of a problem with announcing myself.

Well, I say that thee are definitely times you don't WANT to announce yourself. Sure. We all like to keep an advantage, especially when there are so many people out there in Cap ships. Sure, but this is not about wants, its about making your interactions on the server STAY IN RP. Simple.

Now that can mean that some will say that a Xenos don't need to anounce himself. I would argue that a Xenos, a terrorist that wishes to destroy his opponents by any means necessary would rather try to make sure that his enemy KNOWS where that death was brought from. Ever seen the news? NEVER do terrorists do attacks without making sure that the FEAR is there BEFORE the attack. They won't say when or where, no, THAT would be silly. But that there IS GOING TO BE an attack, EVERYTIME they warn, someone, somewhere. Period.

If you go by the games RP in the NPC's programming they NEVER engage without saying 'Hostile sighted' or something. Right? So why then if we are trying to call ourselves RPers are WE NOT doing this? I have NEVER been attacked by an NPC without warning if not a request to drop cargo. You decide to engage or run AFTER that. EVEN on missions, when they know you are coming!That will not change. Thats how TRUE RP, or more plainly; Being YOUR character. You aren't watching your character in a movie. He WON'T do anything YOU don't make him do. This includes RP. You have to DO IT, the game can't do it for you.

, I agree that if there was a hotkey for messages that would make it a lot easier.

I have been playing a long time. I have NO FEAR of typing in combat, ask anyone that has fought me or been in group with me. I scan and go into subsystems and target and all that. Yes this is a SKILL, I HAVE EARNED. You may not have that down yet. I recommend relaying your keys to be more suitable for your RP playing pleasure. I can assist if needed. Pm me.

But in the end nothing changes the simple fact this is RP Discovery. PvP is a seperate entity, You even get a lot of money to get going. NO reason to bring random PvP to RP then is there? Or if you wanna be PvP here, or OC, take it to Conneticuit, THATS WHY IT IS THERE!!!! I remember when it first got introduced. We used to do MASS RP events, Races, Tourneys, and others. ALL in Conn. It is a neutral place for that reason. Most of the 'Old School' Disco Guys/Gals know that, noone is expecting to be perfect, nor expect you to be perfect. But some effort is desired. We put it forth, its only fair to ask the same from you.

A good leader leads from the front. Our Admin team is no different. If Bulldog can get in game and RP, and STILL DO ALL THE ADMIN DUTIES??? YOU can RP, and even announce your intentions.
It could work.

I think that after reading some posts, I've modified my opinion a bit.

Unless the faction that you are affliated with is clearly hostile to your enemy's faction, you should announce combat.

-----------------

I agree with Chucc. This is an RP server. Announcing combat is really what separates us from servers like Void and such...

If someone pays attention to their radar, then they will clearly see you're near them. That gives you a long window of opportunity before you attack or are attacked.

PvP here is not just part of the game. It's a privelege that we use to forward RP.

Sure, we all want to win, including myself(just read that thread i have asking for advice). But would it make that much of a difference?

' Wrote:Not Macros for firing weapons. A macros for sending messages. I think Carlos uses one, it says something like "All Hostle ships are ordered out of Omicron Gamma by order of The Benitez Familiy and The Brotherhood"

if I could hit one key and send a message like that, I would have much less of a problem with announcing myself.

Hoodlum stated pretty clearly that no type of macros are to be used.
when i meet in my corsair char outcast, i think noone need some words both from us know what happend when we both fly to the other. when i meet someone who is not my blood enemy (rm,hessian or police) i say enemy on scanner or, hey you know that we are enemy? or something like that. but when i know that is bouny on my head and i see merc closing to me, i will not wait
and sometime when i pirate when i disrupt trader and i type what i will,the trader start cruise again.so sometimes is not time to type long rp post in chat.
When it comes to chat macros, I'd sign it.

As for the bounty question, when you come close to about 4-5k, you could still type somthing quick like " XXX , your head is mine!" , that should be enough in RP:)

And if he knows about his bounty, he'll be alerted by the sight of any ship nearby anyway...
Thing is Skorp, that people are sometimes so lazy that they won't even write a single word:(
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7