Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "Target" and "lock out"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Came up with this idea in another post, and thought it deserved its own thread;

How about a "lock" command that locks all bases of the same faction as the player ID (or all lawful bases of that house for navy/police) within 10ks for say 1 minute. With a "lock target" variant that only locks them against the target ship.

How about a "target" command that makes all npcs of the same faction as the player ID (or all lawful factions of that house for military/police) attack the targeted player.

With a message displayed of course e.g. A "LNS|Big.Man has targeted ManicMugger" console message.

So players cant abuse it by anonomously making npcs target/lock out other players when it wouldnt be rp to do so.

InRP people are supposed to have this power, so why not actually give it to them? (if it could be done) It would eliminate the need for sanctions on OoRP docking, and increase realism.

Some people say i would be "abused" but if it comes with a console msg, and is treated as an rp event, then I dont see how it can be, it would be no different from the player attacking the "target" themselves.
learn2search
This was already proposed... I would approve of something like this though...
Jeez, this idea with some small differences has been posted who knows how many times...

Edit: Oh, and realism? Do not want.