Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Re-engaging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Earlier in game:

Group 1 is fighting Group 2
Player A is part of Group 1 and player B is part of Group 2.
Player B docks/dies in front of Group 1 (including player A) then player B moves to another system. Later player A leaves the fight without docking/dying, he simply cruises away to pick up some ammo in the same system player B is in now located.
Player A docks in front of player B while Group 1 is still fighting Group 2.

Now comes the funny part: player B tells player A that he(A) can’t return to the fight because he(B) saw him(A) dock.

As far as I am concerned player A can return to the fight because player B was dead and technically not involved in the fight between Group 1 and Group 2 but in order to avoid any unpleasant sanctions I’m looking for some clarification on this matter. I tried to search for an answer in some of the rule updates treads but going through 23523423412 posts its hard at 6 am.

An admin answer would be much appreciated.
First off you left the system where the combat between Group 1 and 2 was happening. As soon as you jumped to the next system you are technically dead. Same with you docking. The whole reason you cannot dock during combat is because when you resupply, repair, etc, you're extending the fight and giving yourself an unfair advantage.

You're considered dead and cannot rejoin the fight.
Aye - even as soon as you hit cruise you're out.
' Wrote:First off you left the system where the combat between Group 1 and 2 was happening. As soon as you jumped to the next system you are technically dead. Same with you docking. The whole reason you cannot dock during combat is because when you resupply, repair, etc, you're extending the fight and giving yourself an unfair advantage.

Wrong.

' Wrote:Aye - even as soon as you hit cruise you're out.
Wrong.

At OP: I know I'm not an Admin but have asked the same question. Player A IS allowed to go back to the fight, he wasn't seen docking by anyone 'fighting' because player B is already dead and 'uninvolved.'

' Wrote:First off you left the system where the combat between Group 1 and 2 was happening. As soon as you jumped to the next system you are technically dead. Same with you docking. The whole reason you cannot dock during combat is because when you resupply, repair, etc, you're extending the fight and giving yourself an unfair advantage.

Wrong, the admins changed that rule, leaving no longer counts as dieing.

' Wrote:player A can return to the fight because player B was dead and technically not involved in the fight between Group 1 and Group 2

Yes.

' Wrote:Aye - even as soon as you hit cruise you're out.
Both of you are wrong, and should read the rules again:

' Wrote:5.6 Fleeing from combat and then docking at a station or planet while you are in range of the ship you were fighting counts as PVP death.
(bolding is mine).

If you leave combat, even if you leave the system, it doesn't count as a PvP death unless the person you were seeing sees you dock.

In the OP's case, I would say that you're free to head back to fight Group 2, since Player B is no longer a part of the fight.
Oi, thanks for pointing this out Hone - indeed I'm wrong:

5.6 Fleeing from combat and then docking at a station or planet while you are in range of the ship you were fighting counts as PVP death.
ninja'd you both!
Curse you Rory!
I is pro;)

But yeah Vito. Have no worries.
Pages: 1 2