Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Guard Tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Disco Community,

I`m interested to hear what you think about the guard tags.

I wanted to get the normal Bounty Hunter tag for my ship but
after several missions the guard tag was fitted as my new identity.
I was looking for some guard npcs to get them a bit more neutral
but i couldn?t find any in the Bh guard system.

Then I bought an outcast and a corsair bribe, all the other green factions
became neutral or less green, including the Bounty Hunters, but
the BH guard was still fully green. Is there any way how i can get
them a bit less green?

The reason I wanne get the normal tag is because I?m red for most of my allies.
Although the guard tag fits quite good for captial ships imo (flying a cruiser).
Should i keep that tag and if not how can i get rid of it?

I would be thankful for some opinions
I think you should take missions for BHG.. go to the destination and the run away and wait for the timer to go out. It will take ages thought...

Also there should be NPCs in the BHG guard system. But if the server load is too high (110+ people) the NPCs don't respawn so often.
i have seen some npcs in the guard system but they weren`t marked as guards.
They looked like normal Bounty Hunters.

Is it the same effect like picking missions and aboarting them in the bar via f6
before starting? I`m afraid that it will only drop my rep with the normal Bounty Hunters.
' Wrote:i have seen some npcs in the guard system but they weren?t marked as guards.
They looked like normal Bounty Hunters.

Is it the same effect like picking missions and aboarting them in the bar via f6
before starting? I`m afraid that it will only drop my rep with the normal Bounty Hunters.

all NPCs in the guard system are guards (scan them and check if they have guard pilot onboard)

No it doesn't have the same affect as in the bar. It affects also other factions.
oh me stupid, yah there were guard pilots in. I had to take out
a few of them and now the guard is neutral :)

ty very much Mjolnir
umm since this deals with guard tags
how do i get one?
i want a BD guard tag for both versions of the Dragon's Edge (Bomber and Gunboat)
in order to loose a guard tag - you should shoot depots in shingoku, shinagawa station. - shoot down like 5 of them, and guards will be white.

the guards around capetown are indeed guards - but weak ones. ( compared to other guards ) - they only fly hammerheads and have the same weak weapons like any other hammerhead BHG. ( they are still guards - you know it when you beam their pilots on board - they are flagged as guard pilots )
' Wrote:umm since this deals with guard tags
how do i get one?
i want a BD guard tag for both versions of the Dragon's Edge (Bomber and Gunboat)

Haha! I need like two more missions and I'll get the BD Guard tag:haha:
simple..take a lot missions for the faction

I think the number is around 22.

You will get the normal faction tag in the process. Then make sure that the guards are second from the bottom of your reputation list. By cancelling missions or shooting NPCs of the other factions.

And also that you are not green to any other allied factions that are not on your list. Because you can actually get a tag of a faction that is not on your list.

So basically you need to get them on your list to see them. That can be done:
- by meeting their NPCs
- by meeting a player with that tag (you need to come in scanner range (so 4k, 2.5k...)

When you have done that keep taking and canceling missions for the normal faction.. until your tag switches to the guard one.

Btw. average time to do this is about 3 hours :)