Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Aquilon files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya! i'de like to try out some skinning on the Aquilon but apparently i'm to much of a noob to find the files, can someone give me directions plz?:P
Looks like the Aquilon Zoner Carrier is this entry:

Quote:[Ship]
ids_name = 500355
ids_info = 500356
ids_info1 = 500357
ids_info2 = 458753
ids_info3 = 500358
nickname = dsy_bsg
[...]
DA_archetype = ships\discovery\battleships\bsg.cmp
material_library = ships\discovery\battleships\bsg.mat
[...]
hit_pts = 860000
nanobot_limit = 1600
shield_battery_limit = 1600
[...]
;)
' Wrote:Looks like the Aquilon Zoner Carrier is this entry:
;)
Thanks, and here I am with my second problem, what file is the skin and how do I open it?:PI used to do some skinning in other games but this really is something completely different
' Wrote:Thanks, and here I am with my second problem, what file is the skin and how do I open it?:PI used to do some skinning in other games but this really is something completely different

Looks like the Aquilon Zoner Carrier texture files is this entry:

Quote:[Ship]
ids_name = 500355
ids_info = 500356
ids_info1 = 500357
ids_info2 = 458753
ids_info3 = 500358
nickname = dsy_bsg
[...]
DA_archetype = ships\discovery\battleships\bsg.cmp
material_library = ships\discovery\battleships\bsg.mat
[...]
hit_pts = 860000
nanobot_limit = 1600
shield_battery_limit = 1600
[...]
;):D

You need to extract the textures first, of course, they are probably all in the bsg.mat:)

Err ... you know how to extract textures and to get a nice textured Freelancer ship into a 3D modelling programme, right?
' Wrote:Looks like the Aquilon Zoner Carrier texture files is this entry:
;):D

You need to extract the textures first, of course, they are probably all in the bsg.mat:)

Err ... you know how to extract textures and to get a nice textured Freelancer ship into a 3D modelling programme, right?

first time I need a 3D modelling program just to edit the skin... so obviously, no I don't:P
' Wrote:first time I need a 3D modelling program just to edit the skin... so obviously, no I don't:P
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=75574&st=0
This thread WILL help you;)

If you still have questions ... I do know how to export the 3D data from Freelancer (expect menus and bodys), as several other modellers here do:)
' Wrote:http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=75574&st=0
This thread WILL help you;)

alright, thank you