Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Phantom 'Merihim' gunboat....work continues.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,

Wish you people are having a great time playing freelancer. I was off the server for quite some time. But what I feel good about is that I have finally managed to find some time to work on the last phantom gunboat model. Based on your feedback I have decided that the texturing do need to be re-done. I am trying to export the model from sketchup as i figured out that sketchup is not good for texturing. CAN YOU ALL SUGGEST ME A GOOD MODELLING TOOL WHICH IS ALSO GOOD FOR TEXTURING? I have opened a new thread because I am willing to experiment with the look n feel of the model. The first thing I would like to do is change the textures. Incase you have forgotten about the gunboat model, I have posting two pics of my work. More design pics will come soon as i proceed with the texturing and other stuff. I dont know what you guys think but i seriously feel that the phantoms do need a gunboat apart from a fresh new umbrage (the huntress not being a freelancer original)

Intended STATS

Hull strength : 108000
Gun Turrets : 0/8

Opt. Weapon class : 8
Max. Weapon class : 8
Max. Shield class : 8

Cargo space : 300

Nanobot/Batteries : 600

Max. impulse speed : 80 m/s
Max. thrust speed : 150 m/s

Power output : 600,000 u
Power recharge : 60,000 u/s

By looking at the stats, one thing you will notice is that the cargo hold is only 300. I assumed that the phantoms have no interest for human items and while designing this ship, they have sacrificed cargo space for more nanobots/batts capacity to give them a vital edge in battle.

LOG Report : (Ship background or story)

At present there is little or no reliable data that can explain the ship's design, its primary weapon system and communication technology or even confirms it's very existence. However scientists think that the new communication pattern data collected in Omega 47 after the mysterious destruction of a millitary installation and disappearance of several ships may turn out to be the dividing line between truth and fiction. Maxim Mark, a notable researcher at the Alien Civilization Research and Study Group (ACRSG) from Deep Space Engineering after looking at the patterns think that the ship might actually exist and if it does, its technology is strikingly similar to an old alien vessel, a wreckage that a group of Planetform operatives stumbled upon in a cold desolate planet, a ship design technology which scientists suspect belonged to the Crathygtans notoriously known as the C'Tans. However Maxim's views have been questioned by many calling it 'far-fetched'. Many doubt the ship's existence and think of at as another cooked up story to glorify the illusive phantoms.

Link of original post : http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...52655&st=10

Ship pics
-----------
Too bad Phantoms were disbanded.
I really, REALLY like that organic shape. Indeed too bad the phooms were disbanded.
' Wrote:Too bad Phantoms were disbanded.
[Image: quotelrathia-kingiiquot-trilobite.gif]

[font=Comic Sans Ms]Trilobyte!

Looks scary, though could you post renders without the shiny after effects?
' Wrote:Too bad Phantoms were disbanded.

Disbanded????

Oh I didnt know that!!!

Goodness me......one of the coolest factions according to me......

I didnt play for a long time and did not know about this
Fairly recent thing.

Not sure why though...

Meh.

Its cool...but too bad...
' Wrote:[Image: quotelrathia-kingiiquot-trilobite.gif]

[font=Comic Sans Ms]Trilobyte!

Looks scary, though could you post renders without the shiny after effects?

Yes i will post new pics. Even though the phantoms got disbanded, i will still c ontinue my work.

Till then you can check out my original post for this design. It has some old pics
Well, those renders are cool, but can we have a look at model itself in few different perspectives without effects&stuff?
I'd replace scorpion with that actually.

Current scorpion model looks neither human nor nomad and even less human/nomad hybrid.

With different textures this would look nice as a hybrid.
Pages: 1 2