Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had this idea, when I was looking at the bounty boards, and I saw that there were some people that wanted a kind of galatic wanted list.

Essentially, my idea was that police factions and navy factions would have access to something called a local criminal database. Or.. /LCD.

You would type in the persons name.. such as ..

/LCD LR-MyNameHere ...

and it would bring up a list of all the unlawful actions that person committing in that area. Local authorities would be in charge of adding those criminal actions. And it would be added to the persons record through..

/LCD LR-MyNameHere A (A would add the information)

and there would be numbers corresponding to certain actions such as..

1- Smuggling

/LCD LR-MyNameHere A 1(indicates the line) 1 (action)

a line would then appear saying that person was wanted for smuggling.. or something more jazzy..
Replacing the A with a D would delete the line.

This would also be viewable in person through the show info (/SI) right underneath someones entered info.

Why? It would add a prestige factor to pirates within a local area. Use of the number system, would keep from there being any abuse. But, if you trust people to not be fools, or QQ about other people, you could also have it be manually entered. RP wise, smugglers could pay off local lawfuls to essentially delete their records, making it hard to find evidence against them.

Also, records would be seperated by house governments, such as liberty and rheinland, Kusari, etc., and be connected to certain lawful ID's. Is it necessary? No. But, it allows for some additional RP opportunities.

Just typing in... /LCD LR-MyNameHere could also bring up their info that they put in, along with their record.

Whatcha think? Questions?
Complicated but interesting. I'd like it.
sounds cool
I don't see why this should be an in-game thing when we can do it better with a simple spreadsheet.
Sounds good, but then there's people who have lawful characters and smugglers who would delete their record OORP so they can't be caught.
SO when do the pirates get their own little command thingies?

LPI etc already got the TL one.

We want something!
' Wrote:Sounds good, but then there's people who have lawful characters and smugglers who would delete their record OORP so they can't be caught.

Thats really the only downside to it. It there was some way to fix it so that they couldn't, then it would be foul proof. Unless it could only be removed by the individual that placed it on them, by a code of some sorts, perhaps a faction code? IDK, just a idea I thought I would rid my mind of.
How do I put the evidence in the entry?
There is a problem with:

1 - what'll happen if character moved\renamed\sold to another person.
2 - Can the regular police IDed indi player just spam some innocent guy with fake crime reports so he'll get problems?
' Wrote:There is a problem with:

1 - what'll happen if character moved\renamed\sold to another person.
2 - Can the regular police IDed indi player just spam some innocent guy with fake crime reports so he'll get problems?

1- well, I dont know it would still remain on there, but it is only logical that it would be kept on there, mainly because RP wise police would identify you by your ship, and codes. Same with renaming. To get it removed to you simply verify it with a police officer on the forums or ingame that you are not that person and you had mistakenly bought that vessel from a criminal. Would add some spice to the ship dealers on here;)for selling a ship with a clean record.

2- Unfortunetly, yes he probably would, but like the above, you could appeal to a court (inRP) and have it lifted through appealing. Just like in RL there are plunty of dirty cops;). It would allow for a legitament reason for a court system.. maby incorporate some lawyers..