Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Thrusters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah but not a real instance in a arcade based engine known as freelancer. There is nothing that could suggest a SCRAM type of a propulsion system would work with real time physics. I was merely suggesting that time be a factor of speed verses a flat rate decided by a 99% - 1% scale. Meaning that instead of having a constant speed for any ship - power plant - thruster it is all based on the combination of your ship - power plant - thurster type that will allow you longer burn times that can grant you more speed.

And different directions of force with independent thrusters feeding from one power source.....
' Wrote:Problem is, even with different names and multiple hardpoints - getting the game engine to recognise them as different, and simply firing them all at once when you press the tab key...

Same way Cannon has put in the commands on the first page of the news sub-forum?
Yes, there are indeed new commands. The problem I raised was getting the game engine to distinguish one thruster from another.
when you used to strafe left/right/up/down in smaller snubcraft the thruster % would go down whilst the thruster never moved.

So i'm not sure.
' Wrote:Same way Cannon has put in the commands on the first page of the news sub-forum?

These commands are bound to a key. This key then responds by sending a message marked /cloak* or so to yourself in a PM. The FLHook of the server then picks this up and does the responding command. Nothing clientside is done, and if you turn off the 'playercntl' plugin for FLHook pressing these keys no longer has any effect and as such you can see the text. You can try it with the current FLHook when you dock ~ the message shows up as a PM from yourself named "/dock*"
Pages: 1 2