Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Request for rule clarification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I was in combat with a gent today. He in a britonia gunboat, me in a Corsiar Bomber. His max speed 140, mine 200. Now my question is, is he allowed to use cruise to catch up with me while I am using my thruster? I thought that was the downfall of using Cap ships is that they are slower. If they can use cruise to catch up, what the point in not giving caps max speed of 200?

thanks in advance for the answers disco:mellow:

PS - see your names nowhere in the post. I dont flame people.
Interesting question ... I suppose when you manage to get 4k away, he jumps to cruise and you are still 4k away and he is not gaining any ground on you ... that would tell me that you are in cruise as well.

Oh yes ... and there's a tell tell sign you are in cruise. You can see contrails coming from the engines. Sorry my friend, you were in cruise trying to escape and I used CDs to slow you down.

What's interesting about your story is that you forgot to mention that you and your friend (both in bombers) did the EXACT same thing to me while I tried to run in cruise.

Another thing ... find an RP reason to engage next time. The Corsairs (TBH) have a mercenary ban in Omicron Gamma ... NOT in Omicron Kappa (which happens to be a Zoner / Nomad system ... both planets state they are Zoner planets).

PS: Don't ever go OOC with me in-game again. You filled my screen with OOC chatter the entire time I was trying to defend myself against one of your Order friends.

EDIT: Could a TBH elder please contact me. It seems I run into this sort of thing quite often with those wearing the TBH tag.
' Wrote:Now my question is, is he allowed to use cruise to catch up with me while I am using my thruster? I thought that was the downfall of using Cap ships is that they are slower. If they can use cruise to catch up, what the point in not giving caps max speed of 200?

You dont give Cap ships a impulse/thruster speed of 200 because of there size. Not ment for speed/agility but firepower.
Was there but died from Nomads or him, both were firing at me but he got last shot so I diddnt see what actually happen during this contest after my death.
//I was in a Titian VHF not Bomber, if i was in a bomber you would have been recieving more dammage

As for the rule. Im quite sure once you engage cruise, your saying you give up and are retreating.
I Re-Read The rules and Found It!

5.6 If a player engages cruise engine or docks during a PvP fight, this player is considered fleeing. The fleeing player must not enter the system where the fight took place with any of the characters on his/her account(s) while the enemy (player or players involved in the fight) remains in the system, but no more than 4 hours.

As for what the rule says. Nope, you cant engage cruise to catch up to someone in PvP. If you engage cruise during PvP you are giving Up and therefore must leave system for 4 hours.
If that's the case then the two of you are in violation of chasing me down once I hit cruise. But you pursued me with endless CDs. Once I ran out of CMs I had no choice but to defend myself. I killed one of you and the other hit cruise to get away. I did the exact same thing you did ... I chased him down and lobbied endless CDs until he ran out of CMs and then destroyed him.

Actually no were not,
I used cruise once I arrived in Kappa because you guys were 5-6k away fighting it out and in order to get into the battle faster as you would in any fight. I wasnt in the PvP until I began attacking you. Once i caught up to both of you I entered the PvP by disenging cruise and firing.

But yes there is no restriction to self defense but again, I diddnt see all the fight because I died half way from your GB cannons and Nomad cannon fire. So I diddnt see what my TBH fellow said. so I dunno what happen between when I died and when he died.:unsure:
Forgot to add
OOC//I helped him because he asked once I logged on after checking something briefly on my computer
Actually ... your friend and I were not fighting. I was running and he was chasing and knocking me out of cruise with CDs. Sorry ... fight never occurred (I never fired a shot) until you BOTH ran me out of CMs. I never entered PVP until I could no longer run (CD spam forced me to fight). I never disengaged cruise ... I was forced out of cruise by your CDs.

I am glad that the Nomads fighters took your shields down before I ever fired a shot. Put us on a fairly even keel as I was completely out of bats from my killing a Nomad Battleship (which just shortly afterward your friend opened up on me).

I told you from the beginning I was not interested in fighting. I chose to run away because I had some valuable cargo I wanted to get paid for (Nomad Brains). I even offered the two of you cash to stop shooting at me ... but you guys had a blood lust.

EDIT: OOC//And your Order friend joined in fairly quickly after you died. All I asked of your friend is to stop the OOC chatter while the Order gent was trying to kill me. But he chose to continue calling me a cheat filling my screen with chatter. I can't fend off an attacker and respond to him simultaneously.
If you read my previous post I was helping a fellow TBH and not my blood lust.
That Order guy went to see what was going on I diddnt send him. He went at his own will
' Wrote:So I was in combat with a gent today. He in a britonia gunboat, me in a Corsiar Bomber. His max speed 140, mine 200. Now my question is, is he allowed to use cruise to catch up with me while I am using my thruster? I thought that was the downfall of using Cap ships is that they are slower. If they can use cruise to catch up, what the point in not giving caps max speed of 200?
thanks in advance for the answers disco:mellow:

PS - see your names nowhere in the post. I dont flame people.

If you and a person are fighting and you thrust away and they follow...and you keep on thrusting and they keep on following and it get's to a point that you are getting farther and farther away. It becomes an issue of you disengaging and running from combat.

If you run from a fight then folks can use cruise to chase you down.

I would need to hear the specifics of this fight such as how far away you both were and for how long you were thrusting away from the other player to give an opinion if what I said applies.

EDIT: Actually...the distance is not so much an issue as time thrusting. For instance if I know im going to get CD'd I just thrust away. However, at some point the person chasing me is going to get fed up with thrusting after me and hit cruise. I see nothing wrong with that. I'm running their chasing. And you can use cruise when chasing someone who is running regardless of how they are running, cruise or thrusters.

I feel the rule should be interpreted this way because of ships with equal thruster speeds. If both go the same speed while thrusting and both ships are out of weapon range...the chase will go on forever unless the chaser uses cruise.
I would have left the system and left him alone for 4 hours (as per the rules). You backed me into a corner and I fought back. Normally, 2 bombers are deadly to a gunboat. Only reason I survived is because the Nomads attacked you and took your shields down. I barely survived with my cargo.

I have always held a neutral stance with TBH and other Corsairs (and with the Order). I maintain my neutrality with two exceptions. To maintain my friendly relations with Liberty and Rheinland, I help them fend off enemies who enter their systems and I do not attack them at all.
Pages: 1 2