Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A simple Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I know my thread was most likely closed my because of the rising flames; but I would like some clarification on one point of contention.

Is there a problem inherent with my use of the term holdup as part of my character's role-play?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/holdup

People jumped all over me in that thread stating that I didn't make a demand, when I believe I did.

Thank you for your time.
it wasnt the word 'holdup' that got everyone arguing like 12 year old girls over justin beber

it was that it isnt seen as a demand, a demand is asking for 2 mill, cargo, or for them to leave and never return... not just the word holdup... get what im saying?
You will be the most likely told that it doesn't suffice. Let's wait.
You: "This is a holdup"

*nothing happens*

The other thinks: *what does he want? Money, cargo? RP demand? Oranges?*

You see now? You need to tell the other what you want from him. You're not playing RP GTA where it is clear that you want money. You are playing Discovery Freelancer where you either take some of his money, some of his cargo or make an rp demand (like leaving the system or singing along or whatever).
IMHO: "This is a robbery/holdup/etc" followed by blue message without asking for something exact is the same as asking to halt.

You shout halt. To whom? Why? ok, you tell its a robery, so what? probably you are RPing with NPCs...
I told my target that my intention was robbery.

While scanning his hold to determine what I was going to demand he legged it.

People complain about pirates charging anything from a rhino to a barge the same amount of credits, my RP is a polite pirate.

Lets all be reasonable people who follow the spirit and don't start trying to contemplate the "letter of the law".

PS: the fact that he legged it shows he has no question to my intention
' Wrote:I told my target that my intention was robbery.

While scanning his hold to determine what I was going to demand he legged it.

People complain about pirates charging anything from a rhino to a barge the same amount of credits, my RP is a polite pirate.

Lets all be reasonable people who follow the spirit and don't start trying to contemplate the "letter of the law".
You know you can always stop shooting at someone before he finally explodes and ask him again, yes?:D

And besides, the incident this is all about includes a powertrader who doesn't care if you blow him up ... so what's the point again? Be glad that he didn't kill your character and go on pirating the next guy:D
The next one might actually stop, and if not, make him stop (via cruise disruptor) and if he still runs, down his shields, ask again, and if he still refuses to halt ... well ... *kaboom*:D

Don't be so trigger-happy (^_^)
No demand = sanction.
' Wrote:No demand = sanction.
Only if reported.
Quote: No demand = sanction.

I asked for a civil discussion, I can see your only interested in trolling.

Get out of my thread :nono:
Pages: 1 2 3 4