Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Jumpholes kill me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK first off, yes I'm playing again. Not important.

Earlier today I took the Hamburg - Frankfurt jump hole, twice, and each time I got hit with immediate red lag followed by a disconnect, followed by Unioner NPCs killing me and bumping me back to Planet Hamburg. I fly the long way around through New Berlin, it's fine. Now, I just jumped from Tau 37 to Alpha, same problem, only this time I didn't die because I was in a gunboat.

And each time I relog, I get hit by redlag and disconnect again. Only it's not normal redlag. I still get chat messages, departing/new player messages and all like normal, I see the NPCs moving like normal, it's just I can't DO anything but sit there and wait to disconnect again. What the hell is that??
My first guess: Your installation is messed up.
Ey zappy (wave). Now, I don't think it's instalation, not for red lag part at least. I had exact same issue few times in the past, just got red lagg'd few seconds after I logged in. But thankfully, that problem magicly disappeared.

Try checking with this http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=93689

If you're mostly getting No response from host, then it can't be good. Can't help with jumpholes killing you:P
(But some jumpholes kill you if you enter them while formed to someone/something)
After a few trial runs on the Tau 37 - Omicron Alpha (trying it both ways with another ship, then the same one) after a few hours... it's not happening anymore. Weird.
Hm yes yes very strange..

...ZAPP YOU'RE BACK!

*hug tackles zapp*
OK, it keeps happening with random jump holes. But I've noticed a pattern. It only happens when I make a jump and on the other side are hostile NPCs already there when I jump. I have no idea why this would be. >.<
I think the anti-cheat is messed up again, maybe.

I had a problem with it once, I couldn't do damage at all. It completely paralyzed my ability to deal damage.
Perhaps it's doing a similar thing to you, only with movement. In the end, it turned out that the anti-cheat wasn't configured well for 'non-original' Freelancer.
I still have quite a few glitches. Sometimes, when I undock, I don't have a crosshair, but only 'mouse-pointer', like my F1 button is pressed. I can't turn or shoot, but i can select bases and things from my corner-bars.