Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question about future weapons in the world
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bear with me on this, last night I was thinking that UCAV's or Unmanned Combat Ariel Vehicle (I think is correct), are becoming more and more prominent in the modern military branches.

Let's skip forward a decade or three and imagine that the UCAV's started becoming much, much more specialized.

Imagine a UCAV Interceptor that has been programed thoroughly over the years to have a wide array of tactics at its disposal, not to mention incredible agility due to the lack of the 'human element'. This means that in the future, it is very possible to have a UCAV air wings replacing the current air wings, though I doubt completely.

A scary thought is, what if someone decides to make a Navy Carrier dedicated to UCAV fighters and bombers? In my mind it would be much smaller since UCAV's can be more miniturized, and there is far lower manpower requirement, making the carrier lighter, faster and potentially more deadly than the current carriers of the world.

There is one other factor, people may be more willing to go to war, or stay at war with the use of UCAV wings since people are very far away from the front line, if there even is one!

One thing I can see coming, is a dedicated Carrier for UCAV's, to supplement the current generation yes, but think. A mass wave of UCAV's with anti-ship missiles that are not afraid of anything. Can a Navy stand up to them if they develop Stealth UCAV's?
[color=#FFFFFF]There is stealth UCAV. If a technologically advanced nation let's name a fictional one U.S.E develops fully automated carriers and fighters. And it goes on downing a dictator's regime in a non-technologically advanced nation let's say Failstan. Machines kill people. U.S.E Citizens buy refrigerators Failstan citizens buy coffins simple

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_X-47B

P.S: UAV's are my third year project...
I love and also thoroughly hate how cynical and absolutist the above post is.

At any rate, remote controlled war machines are the future. Given enough time they will become self sufficient and deadly to such an extent that they will be considered weapons of mass destruction. Lets say you combine nanotechnology and swarm A.I. concepts into a weapon and you get a biblical locust plague that takes no prisoners and leaves no survivors. It would surpass the effectiveness of nuclear weaponry in an instant.

If anything it's horrifying to the same degree as western governments' investments in making sure they have as much control as possible over free speech on the internet.
I wouldn't call the X-47B a combat UCAV, but its a good step in the right direction.
' Wrote:I wouldn't call the X-47B a combat UCAV, but its a good step in the right direction.

[color=#FFFFFF]It will become sooner or later. 50 years ago A.Shephard didn't even complete a full orbit around the Earth now look at Space Shuttle. Besides the Predator is already taking names for quite some time now