Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The 3k loot limit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When you blow up a ship, the most amount of cargo it would drop is 3k, why?

If this is meant to simulate some cargo being destroyed in the explosion, thats a cool idea, but surley it would be much better if instead of an arbitrary limit, a random amount of cargo was dropped, from 0-100% after all, it doesnt make sense that no cargo is destroyed from a hege, or percheron, but 2k is ALWAYS destroyed from a shetland.

It wasnt so bad when 5k was the limit, but with barges only dropping 3k, its getting ridiculous.
I think its a game engine thing, i dont think percentages are possible without cannon doing some tomfoolery.
if it means barges will drop like 20k, do it. It'll also make cargo piracy more complex, cause you wouldn't always know if your going to get much.
Surprisingly, you can get all cargo from a 5k transport if the cargo takes more cargo space per item such as military vehicles, G/L parts, ship hull panels and so on.
' Wrote:Surprisingly, you can get all cargo from a 5k transport if the cargo takes more cargo space per item such as military vehicles, G/L parts, ship hull panels and so on.
Duh. Maximum ammount of items that can be looted after destruction is 3000. Not per cargo size it takes;)
' Wrote:Duh. Maximum ammount of items that can be looted after destruction is 3000. Not per cargo size it takes;)
That's the way around it, yes.
shame 40k cargo barges only drop 3k.

what a waste.
To stop people npc farming and to make it more worthwhile for a pirate to get credits or cargo than to blow up the trader.
' Wrote:To stop people npc farming and to make it more worthwhile for a pirate to get credits or cargo than to blow up the trader.
NPCs are untouched by this. They have another prevention for it.
I agree that the 3k loot limit is annoying. If there has to be a restriction on the amout of cargo dropped by a destroyed vessel, it'd be good if it could be done as a percentage, rather than a set maximum figure, say 60%. It's daft that a destroyed P Trans, or Train, drops exactly the same maximum amount of cargo as a Barge.
Pages: 1 2