Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greetings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there everyone:)My name is Drew Jones, I'm from England and I am pretty much new to Discovery.

I played a few months back for a week or so to try it with some friends but i never signed up to the forums or got involved with anything really. All my friends left and then i had to reformat my computer due to virus's; but now i have just reinstalled everything and look forward to rejoining your ranks:). Just trying to get my old ID back to continue with that character i had for a week, would be a shame to start over again as i had gathered quite alot of credits.

I always enjoyed Freelancer when i played it many years ago and although it is quite dated the graphics in my opinion are still pretty good (although im not one thats big on graphics since the last Online game i played was 13 years old:D) and the gameplay is still awesome!

I tried Eve Onlines free trial when that came out but i quit after a week. I was slowly learning the game and building my character up when there was a competition in the sector i was in. There was a ship flying around the system and the first person to find it, scan its cargo and tell the competition host what it was won a brand new ship! And guess what! I was the first person to find the ship! But when i went to scan the cargo apparently you had to decactivate your weapons before you did back then. So it shot the ship instead and all the NPC police battleships blew me up. I hadn't had my ship insured or anything becuase the game is very complex to learn for new people lol and i lost everything. So safe to say i rage quit (I was quite young then:P) and never went back.

I always prefered Freelancer anyway, has a much better combat system too. Freelancer along with Sins of a Solar Empire (I love my RTS's) are my favourite space games.:)

Up until last year i was playing the wonderful gem that is Ultima Online which i roleplayed in for 10 years and ran a large roleplay guild for the last 3 years of playing it. Unfortunately that game is dieing quite quickly and the stresses of GM'ing a roleplay guild got to me, like the OOC politics of guild relations; too much drama just drained my enthusiasm. But i think it was just my time to leave, i had a great 10 years playing it.
Heres a little picture of the guild i ran for those interested, our Republican army lined up in all its glory:)
(im the one with the black bear on his head:D)

[Image: republicarmy.jpg]

Wonder if anyone else here used to play Ultima Online? Or Roleplay on Europa Server? Would be funny to find familiar faces:D

Well now its time for me to make the move from Fantasy World Roleplay into the Final Frontiers of Space Roleplay:D
I look forward to meeting and roleplaying with you all:D
Welcome to Discovery! Read the rules, and have fun!

Join an Official Trading Faction. They'll help teach you the rules and make money at the same time.
Thanks! Yeah i already read the rules and everything last night. Spent hours reading up current storylines, history etc and browsing the Discovery Wiki:D

I have my old trade routes written down from the week i played as well should i have to start over:)
Watch out.... For the Renegades! ........ Or just join us and have no fear;)

Nah, have a great time here mate!

Cheers
Sean Bean! My hero!:DHe's awesome in Game of Thrones at the moment
Welcome man :)
Welcome. Glad to have an experienced role player join our community.

I've never played UO, but I've played most of the single player games. Ultima 2 was my favorite game when it first came out.
Thanks for the warm welcomes:)

I enjoyed my first day playing yesterday, ran into a few bits of nice spontaneous RP and warped straight into a pirate battle and nearly lost my load heh.
Also made the same mistake as i did when i played for those few days a few months back. Not a good idea to go to Vespucci in a rhino on your first day, that Ravager battleship has done me twice now as i warped into the system, keep forgetting about it! Lost most of my credits but all i could do is laugh about it since i fell for it again.

I have a few questions if someone could help me answer them please.

1.) Can someone tell me all the different commands for chat please? Like how to change from talking to the system to talk to ships nearby etc.

2.) Do you have to join the relevant player factions to get their ID's? So for example do you have to join the Bounter Hunters Guild or Junkers Congress player factions if you want a bounty hunter or Junker ID? Or can you just buy the ID's and be like a solo Junker/Bounty hunter for example and use their ships?

3.) I've forgotten the third question, shouldn't sleep on them:P.
' Wrote:1.) Can someone tell me all the different commands for chat please? Like how to change from talking to the system to talk to ships nearby etc.

By default, your messages will go into a local channel. Local messages show up as a darker blue, and system messages show up as light blue. To send system messages: /s <message>

If you want to talk in group chat: /g <message>

If you want to privately message your target: /t <message>

If you want to privately message someone else: /pm <charname> <message>

A complete synopsis of server commands is located here.

' Wrote:2.) Do you have to join the relevant player factions to get their ID's? So for example do you have to join the Bounter Hunters Guild or Junkers Congress player factions if you want a bounty hunter or Junker ID? Or can you just buy the ID's and be like a solo Junker/Bounty hunter for example and use their ships?

The latter is correct. You do not need to be a member of a player faction to use an NPC faction ID. We call them 'indies' on this server. (There are exceptions like Nomads, Colonials, and Coalition)

Welcome to Disco!
Watch out for Schroedenger's ninja cat.

And avoid Omicrons Alpha, Game, Theta, Kappa, Major, and Minor until you are aure you can take the capspam and the VHF NPCs. And be careful of jump holes, most are fine, others send you to Guard systems, which will WTFPWN you in seconds.

Have fun.

-J
Pages: 1 2