Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: newbie question about civilian ships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well i was wanting to ask, the civilian class ships are available to EVERYONE? and this thing... are allowed ANY class of ship? or the class still limited by your ID? for example, the other day i saw Freelancers with havok Mk2 bombers.... it's that legal?
Yes, a Havoc Mk 2 bomber is a civilian ship, therefore it is legal for a Freelancer to fly it.

Discovery rules of technology use: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=32197
There are 5 kinds of Civilian ship:

Civilian Sirius-wide
Kusari Civilian
Bretonian Civilian
Gallic Civilian
Liberty Civilian

Which all have their own ID rules. Which can be seen here (click me).

Freelancer IDs can use any civilian ship. I suspect the freelancers you are referring to were pirate IDed, which is also fine.
Also, to answer your middle question about ship class. Bombers in disco are classified as "Fighters" for purposes of the IDs here. So when the ID says "Allowed ships: Fighters, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats" you can indeed use bombers as well. The only other 'class' of ship that is confusing is the gunboat, of which there is only one civilian-line one, the Ahoudori Kusari Explorer. Any other 'classes' do not have civilian counterparts and therefore are doubly excluded by also not being mentioned on the ID.