Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dear admins - Banned acc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not sure why this account in particular is banned - happened before (random banning due to some lag related problems), though if anything's wrong I'd like at least a form of notification, preferably by PM.

Impatient though I may be, I have my reasons to want to get back in game soon - I have credits to check upon and give to other people... (see sig, I hate keeping people waiting, and I might be holding people up who need more money)

There used to be a thread for this kind of thing when Hoodlum was here (is he still here?), though I can't seem to find it. I PM'd Cannon about 14 hours ago. Not sure if he got it.

Either way, if an admin would please be able to check up on this and unban me, that would be great. PM me if there is something wrong, could be an installation problem or something.

Characters: Look for beyond.the.jumphole or ]bd[Sakurazawa.Kaoru
This has happened to me a multitude of times. Cannon's autobanner needs to be tweaked, imho. =/
You should be okay now. I've sent you a PM asking exactly what you were doing with that barge. There is a thread somewhere on the forum for unban requests but posting here works too.

: I have no doubt it does need improvement but in your particularly case you have an exceedingly terrible internet connection. Distinguishing between certain cheating behaviours and connections similar to yours is essentially impossible.
Grreeaatt. I understand that, and the kicking is okay, but is the ban really necessary for that particular case? And if it wasn't a permanant ban, then I wouldn't mind at all...wouldn't a week long ban work? It discourages hackers, who don't often stick around after they've been foiled. At least I wouldn't have to go scrabbling through skype to find an admin with some spare time.
Whilst I'd love to continue this discussion too, the issue has been solved, and the reasons explained (I wasn't actually cheating, something along the lines of a barge in an asteroid field and a lot of lag). Maybe create a new topic? Feel free to lock/remove this.

Adding to the discussion however, I would like to say that Cannon's ban thing is really good - Better this than have cheaters get away with it. Perhaps more kicking then banning is needed.
It's not particularly good - it's rather old now and I know there are heaps of cheaters on the server.

I've learnt a lot about how flserver + freelancer work since then and have a somewhat more effective solution coming. The thing is I hate doing anticheat work, it's boring and can't catch everybody.

For Nightfury's particular case, it might be possible to do something to make the experience a little less frustrating. When I find some free time I might be able to do something.

I guess there's nothing more to say here.
' Wrote:To whom it may concern,

I met a guy new to Discovery a few days ago on a character with the name of Teggybears. I helped him get started and he was doing pretty well when... well, he was on a crappy tether connection and got auto-banned for "cheating."

I would very much like a response to this thread from an admin.

I would like my friend unbanned, and if you're not willing to do this, tell us if or when the ban will expire so we can fly again. I'm posting on his behalf cause his forum account's still being "validated."

Thanks very much.
Ahh! I can finally post. I was unable to post myself because my account had not been validated by an admin as yet.

I was working of my .000003G (Thank you Verizon) tethered connection at work whenever I got auto-banned yesterday at 12:24am on my character Teggybears. I was transiting the Texas system at the time on cruise engines due to not being able to use jump gates from lag.

I asked Koske of [The_Angels] to look into the problem, but he wasn't able to tell me anything particularly definitive. I'd spent quite a few hours in the last few days since I started getting my trader up and running and working my way up to a decent transport, so its rather frustrating to have that all wiped away.

I'd appreciate an admin response as time permits so that my ban can be looked into.
Could I at least get Concordia.Defiled unbanned...?
: You are unbanned. To be blunt, if your connection is so bad that you can't even use jumpgates, there's no point playing here. It's not really fair to other players as they will be unable to interact with you and you will be automatically banned again and again.

: Much the same as above I'm afraid.

Pages: 1 2