Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Tech chart rule thats not being followed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Tech Chart

* If the infocard states that the ship/weapon is not sold outside the faction, then no one without that faction ID may use it.
Bargy infocard

Nyx infocard

Both just two examples of ships not sold outside the faction, yet have been.

So I ask either for this rule to be removed if the community doesnt want it, or for it to be inforced.

(or for the infocards to be changed)

Signed. Rules must be consistent. Otherwise just delete them.
[font=Comic Sans Ms]Gotta call you out here and say that rule is pointless. The infocards are not respected when it comes to the tech chart. Prime example - IMG and Zoner weapons state that they are available on the black market, whereas the tech chart says they are restricted.

If the rule is enforced, it has to be enforced both ways. Which, judging from the increased restrictiveness in past tech chart revisions, will never happen.
Neither of them say they can't be used outside the faction. Your point is fail.

This is an example of what you are trying to prove.

Zoner Whale
you mean nyx and bargy? Or are you talking to snozzer? Cos if your talking to me, I think;

"The design is jealously guarded, lest it fall into the hands of their foes and anyone not of the IMG found to be flying such a vessel is at risk of brutal reprisal at the hands of anyone looking to garner the favor, or credits, of that organization."

and

"This vessel, and the technology powering it, is jealously guarded by both of its parent organizations. Any pilot outside of their ranks found to be in its possession is subject to a short life indeed."

Support my point.
To you. Neither of the ships you linked clearly say they can't be used outside their parent factions. They merely state that there is risk involved in using them and not being a member of the owning faction.

The Zoner Whale is more in line with what you were trying to say. Its info card specifically says it can only be used by characters with Zoner Guard IDs.
I think it clearly states that anyone not in the faction who uses them is wanted dead by the parent faction. Also theres no need to be rude, I expected better of you.
The problem lies in the infocards, which are horribly outdated.
WAIT.. bargy is allowed for generic ID pirates???? I don't think so.... but if it is i got like 20 chars to change ships on...
' Wrote:The problem lies in the infocards, which are horribly outdated.
[font=Comic Sans Ms]
Were they ever in-date? Items don't just up and disappear from the open market. The designs are out, other groups have the capability of reproducing said items. Sirius isn't some video game world where you can snap your fingers and say "Whooops, never mind. XY and Z are going to be done differently now"

Oh wait

This is a rules before role-playing server.
Pages: 1 2 3