Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Happy birthday threads.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Obviously, since the post count change people have stopped posting happy birthday threads. But why should we stop just because you don't get a +1 any more? Some days we might forget, but nothing in 2 weeks? Even a weekly birthday thread would be nice.

I'll try to post when I can, because it's a nice thing to get happy birthday blessings on your birthday. I think that now that the post count system is gone, these brief moments of happiness that we used to share around to each other have somewhat disappeared.

Let's share the love. I can't make anyone post happy birthday blessings but I can say that I think it's a shame that this isn't happening any more.

I hope more people, despite the post count change, will work with me and some others in wishing everybody in the community a happy birthday.

EDIT: In case nobody noticed because they can't be bothered reading this, it is plainly obvious why the birthday threads have gone. It is true that not many people cared, however there were some that did. I am one, and I remember a few who did also. (I can remember their avatars, but not their names =/)

If nobody else can be bothered, then I will. I'll have fun with this, and I'm sure that people (as most people do, don't bother posting about this statement) feel a little better. I just hope that what I thought to be a good part of the forums (whether +1 spam or not, whether people actually cared or not) will not die out. It was a nice addition to these forums.

+0.
' Wrote:Obviously, since the post count change people have stopped posting happy birthday threads. But why should we stop just because you don't get a +1 any more? Some days we might forget, but nothing in 2 weeks? Even a weekly birthday thread would be nice.
Simple fact that those people posting birthday threads don't actually give a crap that it's your birthday... Now that there's no +1 to it, there's no incentive for them.
Yalalalala. +0. Crap.

Few people cared about those threads and people who celebrated. Only +1 attracted most of them. You saw the nature of human, where getting something is priority #1. Welcome to real life.
' Wrote:Simple fact that those people posting birthday threads don't actually give a crap that it's your birthday... Now that there's no +1 to it, there's no incentive for them.

There is no point in stating the obvious. The simple fact has already stated it in the first post.

I am saying that it is a shame that this no longer happens because it is/was a nice thing. Whilst over half the community are quite selfish and can't be bothered doing anything nice for the sake of being nice, I'm sure there are some people out there who are still willing to wish a happy birthday. I shall try to keep it up as much as I can.

Quote:Yalalalala. +0. Crap.

Few people cared about those threads and people who celebrated. Only +1 attracted most of them. You saw the nature of human, where getting something is priority #1. Welcome to real life.

Firstly, who are you? I don't seem to remember you, though your text reads familiarly.
Secondly, read the first post be fore you reply.
I'm Snak3. Do you want to find about my persona or my personality?

And I read it. What next?.. I can't reply to express my thoughts regarding that topic?
' Wrote:I'm Snak3. Do you want to find about my persona or my personality?

And I read it. What next?.. I can't reply to express my thoughts regarding that topic?
Hmm. Doesn't ring any bells so far. Oh well, I'm sure I'll meet you some day.

You've stated what has been stated in both the first post and the second post. The thoughts have been expressed. You're a little late.
Well. #0 contains my thoughts as well. And they are copylefted. Remove them or face low quality RP when I meet your Barge and destroy it with my Stork.
If you care about birthdsday congratulations in some obscure part of some gaming forum something is really wrong. Just saying.