Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts - Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Feel free to post here any positive/negative comments to do with the BDM. We'll do our best to get back to you.
I have one question... What is the reason or sense the BDM comes so close to Manhattan?
' Wrote:I have one question... What is the reason or sense the BDM comes so close to Manhattan?

Reason: Cause a ruckus, get those lovely USI all on edge, we lose a ship, and as they are all warm and fuzzy and going, we come outa nowhere somewhere else and pewpew them.

Misdirection is a a magician's greatest weapon.

Sense: None. If we had any sanity, that prolly wouldn't work.

Also, LNS can come to New Berlin, but when BDM brings gunboats and bombers, we get :@'d?
' Wrote:I have one question... What is the reason or sense the BDM comes so close to Manhattan?

To challenge LSF on who hits the system wall first.

With that said, I'd like to speak with the leader of this faction, and only him/her.
BDM is supposed to be an asymmetrical warfare force, not unlike the LSF when it carries out operations deep behind Rheinland lines.

Not only does the BDM gather intel when required, it's meant to disrupt enemy shipping and cause as much damage to the Liberty economy and military materiel as possible while minimizing casualties.

Another facet of the BDM is to sow the seeds of uncertainty into the Libertonian mind - and nothing is more demoralizing than the repeated demonstration of how the BDM can strike anywhere and at any time.
' Wrote:With that said, I'd like to speak with the leader of this faction, and only him/her.

That would be Anne, and Anne is currently very busy. Feel free to send me a skype PM if you wish. She'll be around when she can be.
I'd like to discuss how your attacks on civilian shipping violate server lore as set forth by the Word of Igiss (Retroactively, perhaps, but nevertheless set forth).
' Wrote:Liberty Corporations
The corporations of Liberty continue to actively trade with all three Sirius Houses. Surprisingly enough, even the border with Rheinland is open for Liberty shippers, since formally the war still allows imports into both houses by private companies. Yet, Liberty trade with Rheinland has reduced significantly, surpassed by trading with Kusari which is on the increase since the new, more liberal government came to power in the House. Many of the Rheinland shipments are sent through Kusari these days. Despite increased distance, the way through Kusari is often safer than going through the war-torn independent worlds of Bering and Hudson. Written by Igiss, edited by Zelot
' Wrote:Rheinland Corporations

The corporations of Rheinland did not suffer any significant setbacks as a result of the Liberty war. Both parties agreed not to fire at civilian targets, and, unlike the case with Bretonia and Kusari, economic ties between two nations were not completely cut. The war-torn area of the Hudson and Bering independent worlds was not quite suitable for trade, of course, and many shipments now go through the relatively safe systems of Sigma and Kusari.
' Wrote:With that said, I'd like to speak with the leader of this faction, and only him/her.
I am here, and I am listening. PM me if you wish.
Quote:I'd like to discuss how your attacks on civilian shipping violate server lore as set forth by the Word of Igiss (Retroactively, perhaps, but nevertheless set forth).
Retroactivly yes. The Uboats were born in fire, and with an admin decision to allow Rheinland commerce raiders to raid liberty companies inside liberty space. Due to our ID, we can do this. I do belive it states that
Code:
Can demand traders who belong to corporations headquartered in Houses  that Rheinland is at war with to drop their cargo or be destroyed. Synth  Foods is exempt unless carrying contraband or embargoed war materials.
and thus we use it for such. Mind you, the u boats are the -only- arm of Rheinland who does this, with BDM regular agents stepping in to help only if they meet up in the field. Currently, our targets are only houses we are at war with. Liberty. Bretonia remains a grey area as we are still technically at war with them, but i have given orders to halt combat actions against Bretonian vessels.

My primary argument for this is that the BDM lives in the shadows, and works as Rheinland's knife of terror, among other things. No 'lawful' rheinland lawfuls do target liberty traders like we do, and when we do it is limited only to u boats. On this limited scale, and with our ID as well as the admin precedent set, I see our actions against liberty companies as acceptable, and though bending the lore, not completely violating it.

I will admit though, there are PLENTY of grey areas in this. IC| is one of those grey areas. If you would like to talk more in depth, feel free to contact me either by skype or PMs. I am rather busy, so it will take me a while to get back to you, but I will.

P.S.

No... we should not be going within more then 13k of Manhattan <.< not unless in an emergency or sanctioned RP event. I know I have been gone for a while but that dosn't mean you can ruffle the place up.
' Wrote:No... we should not be going within more then 13k of Manhattan <.< not unless in an emergency or sanctioned RP event. I know I have been gone for a while but that dosn't mean you can ruffle the place up.

Thank you Anne for answering my question.
You need to reign in the U-101.
In the past two weeks or so he's attempted to pirate the head of IC|, violated your statement above by hunting down and shooting at a grizzly sitting right next to Newark, caused a stir with the IMG, and violated the sovereign space of Bretonia.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16